Scout’s Eye: Dak Impresses On Minicamp Day 3

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak is definitely sold on Moore and has been the case from the start.

If that means he's getting some helpful advice from him, I'm all for it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We got rid of an actual QB coach with experience, and kept OC's pet Rudy. For a young QB, in need of development, coming off a down year.

Just unserious.

And what has Wilson brought to the team? Romo had double digit ints most of his career, his game planning wasn't always that good, time for new blood at the coaching position...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hope you're right. Was totally against him as QB coach. I'll pull for him.
Think the judgements on Moore shouldnt have anything to do with his noodle arm because he'll be coaching and not playing. And theres never been a doubt that he is an extremely smart football player and QB. He just didnt have the natural tools to be successful. He knows football theres no doubt.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yeah for sure, thats why he was in the MVP discussion until Zeke and Tyron were gone. He was HORRIBLE. I love this preconceived notion that Dak was horrible all year.
Yeah from hero to zero. Maybe if he started practicing and working on his mechanics. Just maybe He could still play like an MVP.

Because usually MVPs still play like MVPs regardless of whose injured.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah from hero to zero. Maybe if he started practicing and working on his mechanics. Just maybe He could still play like an MVP.

Because usually MVPs still play like MVPs regardless of whose injured.
Your screen name is perfect for you. Name me a player that lost 2 players that were top at their position in the matter of a week. And then, since youre so smart, name me the coach and what they did to help. Because our staff did Dak NO favours when Tyron went down.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your screen name is perfect for you. Name me a player that lost 2 players that were top at their position in the matter of a week. And then, since youre so smart, name me the coach and what they did to help. Because our staff did Dak NO favours when Tyron went down.

OK OK we get it jeez,Dak needs a perfect top rated world around him in order to succeed......GL with that and keep that bag of excuses ready for action!!!!:lmao:

The most expensive offline in the History of the game,the Best HB in the game, what else can we provide Noodle Dak with so he can play like a franchise QB.....????

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Zeke may be a bad example. The guy was still in the top ten in rushing yards and missed 6 games lol

Top 10 while averaging 4.1 ypc, if that makes you satisfied with a guy like Zeke and his power and speed. Not good enough for me. Zeke gets a pass for his bad play, but Dak doesn't.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Top 10 while averaging 4.1 ypc, if that makes you satisfied with a guy like Zeke and his power and speed. Not good enough for me. Zeke gets a pass for his bad play, but Dak doesn't.
Oh I am not giving him a pass. I think his YPC was greatly affected by not coming into work in shape and thats on him. Once he rounded back into form though he was the same old Zeke from a YPC standpoint

Jipper

Reaction score
OK OK we get it jeez,Dak needs a perfect top rated world around him in order to succeed......GL with that and keep that bag of excuses ready for action!!!!:lmao:

The most expensive offline in the History of the game,the Best HB in the game, what else can we provide Noodle Dak with so he can play like a franchise QB.....????

in all fairness, most rookie/2nd year qbs need a lot of talent around them to be successful....the question is whether or not they need that same level of talent in years 3 and beyond to be successful.

I dont disagree that Dak's success in the first year and a half were because a lot of the talent around him, and that the second half of last years struggles were in large part to the cast around him that went down.

We need to see him continue to grow and by this year he should be able to make the team around him better, not the other way around....if thats not the case then he might be the guy we hope he is.

LoneStarDawg

Reaction score
Dak always seems to be just a little too laid back! Im not sure that translates into good practice form.
I don’t see this at all! I’m not bashing your opinion, but personally I’ve never seen that even following him during his early days at Mississippi State.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Awesome!! In other news, Lewis should start over Jones....:starspin: