Scout’s Eye: Dak Impresses On Minicamp Day 3

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Im basing that statement on Dak's previous statements and Linehan's confidence in Moore.
Dak said,"“(He’s) a genius behind the scenes, who doesn’t get enough credit for what he does helping me out and helping this offense out,” Prescott said via the Dallas Morning News’ Jon Machota. “He’s an offensive coordinator in his own mind. He’s simply a genius when it comes to helping coach Linehan out and early in the week giving looks, helping me out with things the defense does, maybe little keys here and there to tip me off or coverage's or blitzes.”.

Linehan seems to be staking his job on Kellen

Moore was the primary voice in Dak's ear last season, I was not really impressed. Romo was the true genius in Dak's rook season IMO.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And what has Wilson brought to the team? Romo had double digit ints most of his career, his game planning wasn't always that good, time for new blood at the coaching position...

Romo was playing his best ball in his last real season. Historically good ball. I'd give most of the credit to Romo, but Wade was the QB coach.

Wade also coached himself up to a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl title.

Remind me again what Rudy has accomplished by comparison.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Moore was the primary voice in Dak's ear last season, I was not really impressed. Romo was the true genius in Dak's rook season IMO.

If Butler's story about Romo making most of the offensive game plan each week is to be believed, it wasn't Romo whispering into Dak's ear that did it.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
tenor.gif
"Monica!"

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If Butler's story about Romo making most of the offensive game plan each week is to be believed, it wasn't Romo whispering into Dak's ear that did it.

I believe that is even more supportive. Romo knew that offense and opposing teams' defenses inside and out. He recognized plays before they happened and he shared that with Dak. The only variance from Dak's rookie season and last season was Romo. Everyone else, including Garrett, Linehan and Moore were all there for Dak last season.

Romo was not the only factor, but I believe he was the deciding factor. He made Dak's reads easier, Romo was his cheat code.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Dak was not the reaason the season was a disaster
everything crashed. Romo was a great mentor

robjay04

Reaction score
  • It was crazy to watch Chidobe Awuzie stay with Tavon Austin in coverage on the goal line. Austin must have darted five different directions trying to shake Awuzie, but he couldn’t do it. The overall coverage was so good that Prescott was forced to pull the ball down and try to score on his own.

My favorite part.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
  • It was crazy to watch Chidobe Awuzie stay with Tavon Austin in coverage on the goal line. Austin must have darted five different directions trying to shake Awuzie, but he couldn’t do it. The overall coverage was so good that Prescott was forced to pull the ball down and try to score on his own.
My favorite part.

Another very nice tidbit:

Kyle Querio took the perfect angle around Dalton Schultz in order to knock the ball away on the goal line. Instead of trying to play through him, Querio went over Schultz’s left shoulder and was able to knock the ball down with his left hand. Querio made several plays in the red zone where his coverage was spot on -- which is impressive for a rookie defender.

robjay04

Reaction score
Romo was not playing most of regular season but he was at TC and on the sidelines. Dak has repeated often that Romo was always breaking down defenses for him. And it showed.

As odd as it sounds, I remember reading how big of an impact Sanchez had on Dak during his rookie year...one of the reasons we kept him around even when Romo was healthy.

HungryLion

Reaction score
As odd as it sounds, I remember reading how big of an impact Sanchez had on Dak during his rookie year...one of the reasons we kept him around even when Romo was healthy.

Yes. I believe Sanchez is a smart player who knows the game. He just can’t stay calm under pressure. That was his downfall. But reading defenses from the sideline.... no problem.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Your screen name is perfect for you. Name me a player that lost 2 players that were top at their position in the matter of a week. And then, since youre so smart, name me the coach and what they did to help.
Because our staff did Dak NO favours when Tyron went down.

No favors? They brought in Chaz Green to protect Dak's blind side didn't they??
That was a BIG favor! :laugh:

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I'm concerned about Heath taking over TE duties. Not saying he can't do it but there's gonna be a dropoff there from Jones.

Truth be told I'm becoming a Heath fan.

keysersoze

Reaction score
OK OK we get it jeez,Dak needs a perfect top rated world around him in order to succeed......GL with that and keep that bag of excuses ready for action!!!!:lmao:

The most expensive offline in the History of the game,the Best HB in the game, what else can we provide Noodle Dak with so he can play like a franchise QB.....????
Ain’t that a *****??? These are the same ******* excuses that people like you have given Romo for 10 damn years.. Every freakin year it was “If Romo had help he’d win a super bowl “... Now you talk **** about Dak for the same things.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ain’t that a *****??? This is the same ******* excuses that people like you have Romo for 10 damn years.. Every freakin year it was “If Romo had help he’d win a super bowl “... Now you talk **** about Dak for the same things.

Please don't compare Romo to Dak its a massive insult to the NFL QB position.....:eek:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My favorite part.

Ever since he's got back from that hammy injury, everything I've seen from Chido screams "stud".

PUSHfold

Reaction score
You guys bash Dak because he played less than optimal when a few of the teams best players went down saying he's garbage because he needs pieces around him and then you'll be slobbering on Wentz jock.
**** cracks me up...isn't it incredibly obvious that most young QBs who are successful have a lot of pieces around them? Remember how poor Wentz was in 2016 with a poor surrounding cast? He just played better this past year with a much much better team than Dak's ever had but people don't say the same things about Wentz needing an actual team around him to succeed but of course almost all young QBs need a good team around them. This is football not golf...isn't a 1 man sport.

It should be a good thing not a negative that we can surround our young QB with talent.

Last edited: