News: SDFW: Dallas Cowboys: Are jersey number changes fair to the kids?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, it sucks if you buy a jersey and the player changes his number, but people wear outdated jerseys all the time, including jerseys of players who aren't even in the league anymore. If folks can still wear a #9 Romo jersey, I think it's perfectly fine to wear a #54 Smith jersey.

What would suck is if you got rid of that #54 Smith jersey and the next player to get #54 was also a Smith.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i love out-dated jerseys.
i have a closet full.
i love you ebay.

you will put your out-dated #54 Smith jersey on ebay...and you will accept my low ball offer which is usually $5 - $10 under your asking price...and we'll both be happy.
:thumbup:

ESisback

Reaction score
While there are numbers that mean something to me personally(12, 22, 74, 33, 88, 8, etc.), I really don’t care who wears what. Of course, if a Cowboy ran on the field with “He Hate Me” or “Hot Boyz” on the back, I’d chuck my beverage through the TV screen...

Honestly, while I have tons of hats, shirts, cups, posters, blankets, keychains and other swag items, I don’t currently possess a single jersey.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks if you buy a jersey and the player changes his number, but people wear outdated jerseys all the time, including jerseys of players who aren't even in the league anymore. If folks can still wear a #9 Romo jersey, I think it's perfectly fine to wear a #54 Smith jersey.

What would suck is if you got rid of that #54 Smith jersey and the next player to get #54 was also a Smith.
The #54 Smith jersey is > the #9 Smith jersey. He was a better player in 2018 when he wore #54. If I had a #54 jersey I'd just keep on wearing it. That makes a statement.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Thinking on it further....I wonder if the league didn't outsmart itself with this move.

People may be hesitant to buy jerseys when they know a player can easily change at any point.

Jaylon may have had to reimburse the TEAM for stock, but is he paying back all the suckers that bought 54?

No.

cowboyec

Reaction score
we had a good thing going back there.
Jaylon in 54...LVE in 55.
a reminder of that glorious time when Howley and Lee Roy patroled.
Parsons should have picked 56.
he will fulfill the legacy of what Hollywood Henderson should have been over a longer period.

but i don't mind the change.
and Parsons..."Styk"...will rock 11.
now...LvE needs to do his part and switch to 10.
he's there any way with 55...(5+5=10)...come on LvE...do it.
be cool to see our starting LBs wearing 9...10...11.