1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

News: SDFW: Dallas Cowboys: Stephen Jones is ruthless and the real villain

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Jul 24, 2020.

1. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

3,649 Messages
    3,421 Likes Received
    Reality---- heard story and listened to different views...i think we will be worse off having Stephen at the healm when daddy dies off...i understand managing the cap and dont fall back into cap hell...but when you over pay Zeke and maybe over pay Tank and then pay Jaylon and brown etc....but play hard ball with Dak who has been under paid for 4 years ....plain stupidity....i am so so sick of even hearing any news about Dak contract its been going over a year...that falls totally on leadership

stasheroo and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  2. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

3,649 Messages
    3,421 Likes Received
    Bat you said it best...he is now over prideful of getting cowboys out of cap hell that he plays hard ball wrong time on wrong person and Stephen cannot even see it

BAT, stasheroo and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  3. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

3,649 Messages
    3,421 Likes Received
    agree..to let it drag for so long cannot be good for anyone

4. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

3,649 Messages
    3,421 Likes Received
    Jake did you change profile?...or maybe i am mixing you up with other Jakes from other sites?

5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,792 Messages
    22,578 Likes Received
    Steven is just as stupid as his daddy when it comes to running a football team, only difference is that Jerry at least spent money where Steven is cheap as hell.

I told you guys who have been saying for years "just wait till Steven takes over, its going to be soo much better than Jerry" that you better be careful what you wish for.

6. FTWayne

FTWayne Well-Known Member

923 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    this bs of being under paid. he was paid accordingly to where he was drafted. sheesh.

BourbonBalz and Captain-Crash like this.
  7. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

54,279 Messages
    18,488 Likes Received
    To mess with your starting QB is the problem. If you don't have faith in him, let him go. But don't play this foolish game with the most important position in all of sports.

rocyaice and Beast_from_East like this.
  8. catiii

catiii Well-Known Member

1,436 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    Not sho about ruthless but he sho b ugly.

rocyaice likes this.
  9. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

35,649 Messages
    28,955 Likes Received
    Yep...people swore the Eagles would be in cap hell but if they are I can't tell.

Diehardblues likes this.
  10. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

1,126 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received
    Very true . Glad Stephen is keeping things under perspective

cern, morat1959 and Typhus like this.
  11. cowboyed

cowboyed Well-Known Member

2,881 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Wouldn't you be mad and torment players during contract negotiations if your parents botched sandblasting your face when you were born?

12. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

6,157 Messages
    6,071 Likes Received
    Thats about as harsh as reality can kick us square in the butt.. but very true.

Whyjerry likes this.
  13. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,125 Messages
    6,221 Likes Received
    Yep. Moderation is always good, but better to have the spender than the tight wad. At least from my POV. The time to sign him would have been after 2018. Now I think it's over.

However, that article made my head hurt. So much wrong with it.

Beast_from_East likes this.
  14. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

23,323 Messages
    57,141 Likes Received
    Dallas has overpaid some of their starters for years. Dlaw/Elliott as of late.

Glad to see one of the Jones's putting his foot down. Dak will miss his All-Star receivers and RB next year when he's playing for a cellar dweller.

15. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

35,649 Messages
    28,955 Likes Received
    I think he'll be alright. Especially factoring in where Gallup and Cooper were before they got to Dallas.....Dak didn't have either one of them in 2016.......he had Cole Beasley, Witten, Terrance Williams, Brice Butler and Dez Byrant.

16. fweegy

fweegy Active Member

857 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    This guy lost me at "Byron Jones is the 2nd best cornerback in the league"

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  17. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,785 Messages
    11,152 Likes Received
    I was surprised they didn't get a four year deal done. If was a better option than franchise tag route.

18. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member

2,256 Messages
    5,599 Likes Received
    There are always two sides to a story. This one is obviously slanted to portray SJ as the bad guy and, he may well be.

However, you could just as easily take the same basic information - namely, the resigning of Zeke, Tank, Cooper, etc - and craft an equally valid story portraying Dak as the bad guy. For instance, "Given Dallas's propensity to pay top dollar for these players and the reported offer to Dak, what's the issue with Dak not agreeing to a long-term deal".

Like most things in the true is somewhere in between.

What I do believe about SJ is that he is quite a bit less enamored with the "shiney new toy" syndrome that JJ suffers.

cern likes this.
  19. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

20,177 Messages
    18,049 Likes Received
    That’s what I’ve been saying.

20. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

16,810 Messages
    17,183 Likes Received
    Dak will survive.