News: SDFW: Dallas Cowboys: WR Randall Cobb too costly to re-sign

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:01 AM.

1. Reality

Reality Admin

21,875 Messages
    37,708 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys: WR Randall Cobb too costly to re-sign

[​IMG]

Given the depth of the WR position in the upcoming draft, re-signing veteran Randall Cobb may prove to be too costly for the Dallas Cowboys We've finally...

Read Full Story

LittleD and stasheroo like this.
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

59,579 Messages
    64,980 Likes Received
    At "$7 million" he's quoting as fact here? Yeah, I'd be 'out' too. But I would dispute that as his asking or getting price. If he does? More power to him, thanks for everything!

But I'd keep him for the bargain rate that we got in 2019. It comes down to cost.

Techsass, JoeKing, pjtoadie and 3 others like this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

77,995 Messages
    48,892 Likes Received
    I'd really like to keep Cobb. $7M sounds high. Might be time to see what Cedrick Wilson and Noah Brown can do.

aria and Ring6 like this.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

49,518 Messages
    43,789 Likes Received
    I’d like to keep Cobb if there is actually a real transition to McCarthy’s offense.

If they are just going to do the same stuff they did last year then I’m fine letting him go.

He is replaceable.

Hadenough likes this.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

22,836 Messages
    9,183 Likes Received
    Why any team would give him $7m is beyond me.

6. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,120 Messages
    6,858 Likes Received
    wow the cowboys have all this cap room and they are not going to be able to sign anybody according to most talking heads

7. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

5,107 Messages
    6,688 Likes Received
    I mean they have all this cap room because there are looming mega deals and half the team is free agents lol

Shinaoi, Bullflop, pjtoadie and 2 others like this.
  8. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters Zone Supporter

33,604 Messages
    6,790 Likes Received
    they didn't last year. while he had a good year for us, it wasn't a $7 million year.

Shinaoi likes this.
  9. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

6,151 Messages
    4,468 Likes Received
    Of course, Dez can be had for vet minimum plus incentives. That is the way Stephen rolls .

10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

14,623 Messages
    23,066 Likes Received
    When are you guys going to let this Dez fiasco go? He's gone....he hasn't gotten any better sitting on the couch the last two years.

He runs like a sloth, has glass hands, and clumsy as all get out.....if he had anything to offer some team would've taken a flyer on him but they haven't....and won't.

fredp22 likes this.
  11. Dallasfann

Dallasfann Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    1,432 Likes Received
    Get used to it. There is a guy on our team seeking the biggest contract in NFL history. We are gonna be losing a lot of talent to free agency over the next decade. We better all start hoping our QB become the best in the world. SB's are hard to win. You need the best QB or the best team. We are gonna go for the best QB route.

38 Special likes this.
  12. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

12,138 Messages
    5,027 Likes Received
    Well if you don't get Amari done then Dak is going to have a tough year without the both of them! You better keep one of those 2 or you are going to struggle!

Shinaoi and Reverend Conehead like this.
  13. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

5,857 Messages
    3,732 Likes Received
    I like Cobb. If they feel he can play better in McCarthy offense then 7 million isn’t bad but I do feel this draft is deep with wideouts. Can get a gem that drops.

Techsass and SuspectCorner like this.
  14. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,170 Messages
    1,306 Likes Received
    Please enlighten us with this biggest contract in NFL history that you seem to have the inside scoop on.

:popcorn:

15. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

40,990 Messages
    41,236 Likes Received
    We still have Devin Smith for 1 more year. Why they stopped using him, is crazy. But then again, it was Garrett and the lame coaching / coaches.
    I like Cobb, and if he stays for what he did last year, which I believe was $5 million, I will be fine, but $7 million, not so sure.

16. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

40,990 Messages
    41,236 Likes Received
    I believe it was $5 million, same for Austin.

17. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member

1,891 Messages
    4,465 Likes Received
    I would really like to see Smith earn much more playing time. I am not against re-signing Cobb, if reasonable. I just think Smith has more to offer than we've seen so far.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  18. Dallasfann

Dallasfann Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    1,432 Likes Received
    The most any player in NFL history has ever been paid per season is $35 million a year. ( Russel Wilson, Roethlisburger ) Our QB has reportedly turned down 33 mill per. You do the math bubs.

Shinaoi likes this.
  19. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,725 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    I saw Cobb make a lot of plays as compared to Austin. I can't believe we paid that much money for Austin. Imho, he was not even close to worth it.

lwehlers and stuckindc like this.
  20. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,170 Messages
    1,306 Likes Received
    So you don't really have much of an inside scoop or know why they turned down the $33 mil. :thumbup: