SDogo Mock Off Season V 3.0

scrives

Reaction score
SDogo;4448868 said:
It's my understanding they knew of the penalty and had a figure estimated. My impression is this is about 3 million more then they expected. I think it will limit in some regards the moves they expected to make with value FA's but expect them to pursue the major catch they have in mind.

Not if they clear about 3 million by restructuring someoneelses contract. I hearing from another board that the can push as much of the 10 million and all of it if they like to 2013. The cap should be alot larger than lessening the blow.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
scrives;4448969 said:
Not if they clear about 3 million by restructuring someoneelses contract. I hearing from another board that the can push as much of the 10 million and all of it if they like to 2013. The cap should be alot larger than lessening the blow.

I wonder when the deadline is to let the league know how they want to split this.

scrives

Reaction score
SDogo;4448995 said:
I wonder when the deadline is to let the league know how they want to split this.

Good question? I bet old Jerry knows the answer. I'm sure we will find out soon.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like a lot of those moves SD. However, I just don't see Mario as a Cowboy next season---for many reasons.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
SDogo;4448995 said:

Who knows? Goodell will just fine the team in 3 years after he decides to retroactively change the rules.

montgod

Reaction score
SDogo;4448868 said:
It's my understanding they knew of the penalty and had a figure estimated. My impression is this is about 3 million more then they expected. I think it will limit in some regards the moves they expected to make with value FA's but expect them to pursue the major catch they have in mind.

Carr?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
SDogo;4448995 said:

there likely isn't. remember any unused cap space is automatically rolled over in this new CBA. So if we finish the year 8 under the cap, the league will split it 8/2. If we finish the year with like 1.3 million under, then we have an 8.7 reduction waiting for us.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
BIGDen;4447072 said:
Very happy to hear that Romo voiced his opinion about LR. I think the guy is VERY valuable to this team. When Romo trusts a guy (like Witten and LR) he is so much quicker with his decisions and the offense runs much more smoothly. I hope they get this done ASAP.

Forget about voicing your opinion. Throw some money his way, Romo!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Great offseason...I'd take it in a heartbeat even if we can't get Mario Williams.

VACowboy

Reaction score
SDogo;4448812 said:
Sure does but I will say don't think for a moment Jerry did not know about this weeks ago and that his team has been sitting on their hands. This is not a situation that will "just happen" with out being dragged out.

Heh. The Skins didn't, at least not officially.

This is the official statement of Commanders general manager Bruce Allen on recent media reports of an adjusted salary cap for the 2012 season:
“The Washington Commanders have received no written documentation from the NFL concerning adjustments to the team salary cap in 2012 as reported in various media outlets. Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissioner’s office. We look forward to free agency, the draft and the coming football season.”

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Man, what happened to the days when we had a person that worked at DFW that could tell us if Brandon Carr was landing in Dallas this morning :D

montgod

Reaction score
SDogo;4448995 said:

Doesn't sound like they have a choice. All of it or half... one or the other.