Twitter: SEA fielding trade offers for Earl Thomas

ICP

Reaction score
Ok, I hate to do this but it's reality check time. There will be no trade for players like Earl Thomas, Quinn, Landry or any other name we know. There will be no free agent signings of players with names like Wilkerson, Robertson or even Vacarro, Reid, Bradham or Burnett. It will be guys we have never or barely heard of that fit our tight and basically non-existent budget. I would and will love it if they somehow bring in an Earl Thomas caliber player at any position but I just don't see it happening and the sooner we quit deluding ourselves the better.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
It's hilarious that people actually think we can get ET for a 3rd round pick. I'm doubting they'd even want to trade him for a 2nd unless there are more problems behind the scenes than the public knows about.

Hope I'm wrong and the Boys steal him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is where a guy like Scandrick can come in handy if SEA is serious about moving on from Sherman, too. They're going to be drafting DBs here as they churn things, and getting a capable vet who can play inside and out while they get everybody up to speed could be worth something. So say, Scandrick, a 3rd and a 5th for Thomas. Something like that.

Good point................I would go as high as Oscan, 3 and 4 (this is where that 4th round comp pick could come in real handy)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They’re missing draft picks. Earl will be 29. They don’t want to extend him. He’s been a headache as of late. Earl wants to be in Dallas. Kris Richard is in Dallas. We’re moving Byron to corner. We need a safety. It makes so much sense. A 3rd should get it done.

Exactly...............I would give them Oscan, a 3rd, and a 4th

If money is the issue, I cut Dez and give his money to ET..........I can draft a rookie WR that go can 23 games without a hundy;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
the cowboys don't have the money under the cap to pull this off a team with lots of cap space will more than likely get him

Cut Dez...........give his money to Thomas..............draft Ridley or DJ at 19.................problem solved:thumbup:

Dam, if I was the GM of this team we would be kicking arse:flagwave:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ok, I hate to do this but it's reality check time. There will be no trade for players like Earl Thomas, Quinn, Landry or any other name we know. There will be no free agent signings of players with names like Wilkerson, Robertson or even Vacarro, Reid, Bradham or Burnett. It will be guys we have never or barely heard of that fit our tight and basically non-existent budget. I would and will love it if they somehow bring in an Earl Thomas caliber player at any position but I just don't see it happening and the sooner we quit deluding ourselves the better.

Dam dude, you couldn't let us fantasize just a little bit longer:angry:

Carter

Reaction score
Too expensive. He is on a big Contract. We cant eat it while be rather burn our Money on Receivers with 23 straight games without 100 Yards or Guys like T-Crawford who you cant tell if they have played or not. We also pay a TE that can barely move and gives you 3 Yards when you Need 5 Top TE Money

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Too expensive. He is on a big Contract. We cant eat it while be rather burn our Money on Receivers with 23 straight games without 100 Yards or Guys like T-Crawford who you cant tell if they have played or not. We also pay a TE that can barely move and gives you 3 Yards when you Need 5 Top TE Money
Wah Witten is as fast as he ever was it is the QB

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is still good, but he's on the way down. That's the wrong kind of guy to bring in, especially with his salary. We are not a championship team because of him. So Seattle is pulling a NE and getting rid of a guy a year early rather than a year late, and we're the suckers who think bringing his reputation and salary will garner us a Lombardy this year. I don't see it.

If we think one safety is the difference, then use that draft pick to move up and get a younger one.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Seattle has a better defense than we do and a better QB and receiving corps, yet ET hasn't been a difference maker regarding a championship recently, so why do we think we should trade future capital and take on that huge salary?