Twitter: SEA fielding trade offers for Earl Thomas

the_h0wey

Reaction score
3...2...1... Go

Charles Robinson

Been told by a few teams the #Seahawks had open ears at the #NFLCombine. Seattle trade commodities drawing interest: defensive tackle Michael Bennett and safety Earl Thomas. Nothing imminent. But hearing Seattle would like to remedy having zero draft picks in 2nd and 3rd round.

About to be a lot of sad Cowboys fans when the team doesn't show any interest at all and he gets traded somewhere else. I'm not allowing myself to be part of that group

Bowdown27

Reaction score
About to be a lot of sad Cowboys fans when the team doesn't show any interest at all and he gets traded somewhere else. I'm not allowing myself to be part of that group

I’m with you. I think better chance at going after vaccaro.

condoin125

Reaction score
Loved him when he came out but don't want his contract on our team now. We're not a safety away folks, and at this point his play will only decline with age. Also, he wants to be paid like the best safety in the league...we simply can't afford that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Now that Seattle has put it out there they now want to retain him, I wonder how long this fan angst over him lasts.

It might have a chance to last longer than the Adrian Peterson thing.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
2017 Season

Earl Thomas 88 tackles 7 PDF 2 interceptions 1 forced fumbles 29 years old with a 2018 base salary of $8,500,000.00
Jeff Heath 71 tackles 5 PDF 3 interceptions 2 forced fumbles 26 years old with a base salary of $1,500,000.00

Jus sayin

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
2017 Season

Earl Thomas 88 tackles 7 PDF 2 interceptions 1 forced fumbles 29 years old with a 2018 base salary of $8,500,000.00
Jeff Heath 71 tackles 5 PDF 3 interceptions 2 forced fumbles 26 years old with a base salary of $1,500,000.00

Jus sayin
Anyone that say Jeff Heath or Kenny Vaccarro in the same sentence as EThomas needs to be suspended for 6 games

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Now that Seattle has put it out there they now want to retain him, I wonder how long this fan angst over him lasts.

It might have a chance to last longer than the Adrian Peterson thing.
Ahaha you may be right

DezNuts

Reaction score
I don't get the people saying we don't have the cap space. We can easily put aside 8.5 million this year with restructures and cuts. Hell just restructuring Fredrick gives us like 7 million. Cut Oscan, Mayowa and Hanna thats another 7. Get Martin new deal done thats another 6. Boom that's 20 million in cap space. We also have 65 million in cap space next year with only D Law and Martin as our own we have to resign. So yes we can afford him and his future contract. The only question for me is if I want to give up a 3rd for him.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I don't get the people saying we don't have the cap space. We can easily put aside 8.5 million this year with restructures and cuts. Hell just restructuring Fredrick gives us like 7 million. Cut Oscan, Mayowa and Hanna thats another 7. Get Martin new deal done thats another 6. Boom that's 20 million in cap space. We also have 65 million in cap space next year with only D Law and Martin as our own we have to resign. So yes we can afford him and his future contract. The only question for me is if I want to give up a 3rd for him.

There are always the ones saying we dont have it. Oh yes we do have it but we just like shopping at the thrift center for some reason.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And a Partridge in a pear tree...lol....all the above is the reason why we're in CAP HELL and can only pick up FA's for a couple of cheeseburgers the last few years.....!!!:omg:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
HAs there really been a FA in the last few years worth backing up a brinks truck for?
That's not really the question though is it?

The question should be Has there really been a FA in the last few years that would have made us better?

Other legitimate questions would be Is there a good reason to throw away money on players like Nolan Carroll, Cedric Thornton, and Benson Mayowa? Is overpaying your own free agents like Tyrone Crawford and Terrence Williams acceptable?

Sandyf

Reaction score
I would say here is Scandrick, Hanna, and Heath and a 4th round comp for Thomas only if he would agree to redo his contract. Otherwise, see ya.