Twitter: SEA fielding trade offers for Earl Thomas

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
I suppose you would rather be fleeced!
You’d be fleecing Seattle under your scenario, which is why they wouldn’t do it. As a Hawks fan, you don’t let a generational talent like Earl Thomas leave, especially for table scraps. That’s why I’m happy they are said to be talking about an an extension.

Verdict

Reaction score
You’d be fleecing Seattle under your scenario, which is why they wouldn’t do it. As a Hawks fan, you don’t let a generational talent like Earl Thomas leave, especially for table scraps. That’s why I’m happy they are said to be talking about an an extension.

The problem with players like that is that eventually they drop off the cliff and their cap hit leaves a pretty good mark. The problem is that you don't know when that will be. If someone signs him for 5 years he will probably never see the end of that deal.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Earl's 28 yrs old and at Safety has about 3-5 good years left so if I'm the brass here I sign him to a four yr extension after trading for him. I don't think twice about it I offer our 3rd and a conditional pick next year. Great safeties like Earl play 6 or 7 extra years after 28. He's worth extending and going for a Super Bowl. Draft a killer at one-tech, a linebacker to fill the middle, and let the young'ens continue to develop and I like our chances. He isn't injury prone, has played 121 or a possible 128 games in his career would be 126 of 128 had his teammate not gone ECW Rob Van Dam on his shin in 2016. He wants to be here, we need his smarts and playmaking ability and have guys good enough to play Strong Safety on a good defense. Why not go for it. Let our young guys ball out and Earl help J-Lew,Chido, and Woods take the next step in their development with him as a teammate and inspiration?

Heck, sign him to a 4 year deal where if he's falling off at 32 have an out clause. If you're s worried about him falling off the cliff once he hits 30 next May.. Which for a safety is asinine.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I would have liked to see what happened with Calaous Cambell on our D Line last season, instead of Jacksonville's. He wasn't cheap, but well worth it to them.
He went to a stacked D where he was not the focus, he would have come here and everyone would have been pissed because he did not live up to "expectations"

robjay04

Reaction score

A little unrelated but looks like Sherman is gone somewhere.

jujoboys

Reaction score

A little unrelated but looks like Sherman is gone somewhere.

I think it may actually be related to Earl Thomas. The Seahawks clear about $11 million in CAP space by cutting Sherman. Don't be surprised if Earl Thomas receives an extension to remain in Seattle. We can dream all we want but Jerry and Stephen seem content on trying to build through the draft and through bargain basement free agent shopping. Earl Thomas was probably never on their radar.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
3rd yes, 2nd yes, 1st yes.

I'll take a proven NFL Superstar over an unproven 19th overall pick any day.

I would too but that's not how it works. You trade base on value. He's not worth a 1st or 2nd rounder. Even the Seahawks said they are looking for a 3rd or 4th.

kento40

Reaction score
So give them a 3rd and call it a day. He's literally better than anyone we can grab in the 3rd anyway. Hell give them a 3rd and Byron Jones too.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I think it may actually be related to Earl Thomas. The Seahawks clear about $11 million in CAP space by cutting Sherman. Don't be surprised if Earl Thomas receives an extension to remain in Seattle. We can dream all we want but Jerry and Stephen seem content on trying to build through the draft and through bargain basement free agent shopping. Earl Thomas was probably never on their radar.

Sign and trade? (I know not really but I can wish)

ghst187

Reaction score
For what decent players are fetching for draft picks this offseason a third or fourth round pick would seem reasonable and fair.
I'm going on record, I will angry all season if we don't at least try to trade for Earl.
Just silly not to if the price is reasonable.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

Sherman our, Bennett gone, Graham departing via FA, Avril and Chancellor also reportedly won’t be back. I’m inclined to believe Thomas is more than available despite the report. That team is in full on rebuild.