Twitter: SEA fielding trade offers for Earl Thomas

Proof

Reaction score
For one year? No. Absolutely not. If any team is looking at the long play, it's the Browns. Everything they've done is to acquire more picks down the road, not giving them up for one-year rentals.

Seattle might not, but any team thinking of giving up that level of draft pick would.

Nobody's giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a one year rental.

they literally just did this for jamie collins.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Spending money is one thing. But they're nit about to give up high draft picks for a one year rental on a guy who won't re-sign with them.

To what end? Unless Thomas agreed to an extension there's no way they could keep him. And they'd be wasting a 4th round pick for one year of a disgruntled player on their team to essentially win nothing.

It's just not a move that Cleveland would make.

Its not a move Cleveland SHOULD make. But a move they wouldn't make? I don't know about that one. You seem to think its a one year rental. If so....with as many draft picks and young players they have.....a one year rental for a 4th round pick where their head coach's job is on the line? Wouldn't' put it past them.

And for the record I'm not saying the Browns would do this. There may be some teams that would. I don't really know who's in the market for Earl Thomas. I'd imagine that a lot of contenders are.

The thing about the NFL is that due to parity...everyone feels they are just a offseason away. Even at 0-4....they still think they have a shot.
It's so true...

In 2014 and 2016 we're sitting there in great position to go all the way but management let us down in the offseason by skipping free agency and Rodgers tore us apart.

Go buy a defense. Draft a defense. Just get us a defense!

Its not that easy. They've spent resources on that defense. But the problem has been when they fix one problem two more pop up. That's the story of the NFL. Their defense hasn't been terrible. They have never went after that easy fix in free agency. But I'm not sure if that easy fix was ever there in free agency.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its not that easy. They've spent resources on that defense. But the problem has been when they fix one problem two more pop up. That's the story of the NFL. Their defense hasn't been terrible. They have never went after that easy fix in free agency. But I'm not sure if that easy fix was ever there in free agency.

And they can't really mask it with coaching either so they have to open their checkbook and go buy more players.

Signing back what we had is not good enough.

I'm not saying to go get Earl Thomas but my gosh we can't just do the same ole thing of signing back our own guys and hoping rookies fix our troubles.

By the time the Defense is clicking then the Oline will be terrible. It will be something.

Now is the time to push. Go buy some defenders.

Once Dak's contract hits us we will be Seattle & Baltimore without the rings because Dak isn't the type of guy to carry an entire team to a title and his contract will most likely limit everything we do.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
We’d have the best secondary in the NFL.

LCB - Byron Jones
NCB - Jourdan Lewis
RCB - Chidobe Awuzie
FS - Earl Thomas
SS - Derwin James

YESSSSS

This is my dream scenario. They’d have to give up some draft capital for ET and Derwin but it would be so worth it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And they can't really mask it with coaching either so they have to open their checkbook and go buy more players.

Signing back what we had is not good enough.

I'm not saying to go get Earl Thomas but my gosh we can't just do the same ole thing of signing back our own guys and hoping rookies fix our troubles.

By the time the Defense is clicking then the Oline will be terrible. It will be something.

Now is the time to push. Go buy some defenders.

Once Dak's contract hits us we will be Seattle & Baltimore without the rings because Dak isn't the type of guy to carry an entire team to a title and his contract will most likely limit everything we do.

I agree. I'm all for youth and not wasting money on overrated trash...but then you waste money on Nolan Carroll. That's very confusing and inconsistent.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Pondered retirement when he was injured in 2016

He talked about retirement literally hours after suffering a broken leg and ending his season. It was an emotional response of a competitive, disappointed player. Had nothing to do with Eric Berry's contract.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He talked about retirement literally hours after suffering a broken leg and ending his season. It was an emotional response of a competitive, disappointed player. Had nothing to do with Eric Berry's contract.

I agree with you but it still bothered me he said that.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
1. Earl Thomas makes this defense better, allowing us to be more aggressive with coverages and buy the pass rush more time. Marinelli should want him.
2. We just hired his position coach. Richard should want him.
3. He made a point of coming up and talking to our HC seconds after eliminating us from playoff contention. Garrett should want him.
4. Jerseys will be sold. Jerry should want him.
5. He is an All-Pro, positive influence, and Texas product who wants to be a Cowboy. You should want him.

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
eyes can't blink fast enough to suggest how fast I'd send them a third for ET. How about addressing a need with all-pro caliber talent AND sending a message to your fanbase that we're not going to continuing to do the same old same old

Proof

Reaction score
1. Earl Thomas makes this defense better, allowing us to be more aggressive with coverages and buy the pass rush more time. Marinelli should want him.
2. We just hired his position coach. Richard should want him.
3. He made a point of coming up and talking to our HC seconds after eliminating us from playoff contention. Garrett should want him.
4. Jerseys will be sold. Jerry should want him.
5. He is an All-Pro, positive influence, and Texas product who wants to be a Cowboy. You should want him.

it's as perfect an opportunity as you could hope for. tailor made

Carson

Reaction score
eyes can't blink fast enough to suggest how fast I'd send them a third for ET. How about addressing a need with all-pro caliber talent AND sending a message to your fanbase that we're not going to continuing to do the same old same old

You already know, somebody will trade for him for a 3rd and Jerry and Stephen will try to convince of the talent we have

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
This is a no brainer, we haven't had a star in the back of our secondary who could do it all, since Woodson... Roy was very good at one thing for a couple of years, and then was crap. Imagine 2 generals out on the field together Earl and Sean Lee.. Come on Stephen Jones, 10 picks, we can't keep wasting picks on Taco Charelton's, Martellus Bennett's, Gavin Escobar's, Byron Jones', Jaylon Smith's, Randy Gregory's, Bruce Carter's... GIVE ME A STAR now! It makes all the sense in the world, please please please, this is our chance to compete for it all in 2018, if Dak and Zeke are right

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I don't imagine that phone call going well for us though.

Jerry: What do you want for Earl Thomas Pete?
Pete Carroll: I want a 2nd and a 3rd and next year's 2nd.
Jerry: That's a little rich for my blood Pete. I was thinking our 4th round pick.
Pete: Dial tone.