Twitter: SEA fielding trade offers for Earl Thomas

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
lol the only way we'd ever give up a 2nd is if a contract extension came with the trade, and that's not gonna happen

cern

Reaction score
Trades have to be realistic and make sense. Dez for Thomas would be my choice.

kumizi

Reaction score
I don’t think our FO knows you’re allowed to trade for good players.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-s...-trading-for-Seahawks-S-Earl-Thomas-115863351

Report: Multiple teams discussing trading for Earl Thomas
Multiple teams discussing trading for S Earl Thomas, according to Tony Pauline.

The Seattle Seahawks presumed plan to drum up more interest for All-Pro safety Earl Thomasseems to have worked like a charm. With the team exploring all options to rebuild their defense, Thomas has become one of the prime candidates to be traded due to his tremendous value, large cap hit and last year remaining on his contract. With new reports surfacing during the combine that the team had renewed interest in moving him and Richard Sherman, it felt like a clear play to show the offers they received early weren't good enough to get a deal done and drum up more interest.

If that was the case, it worked. According to draft analyst Tony Pauline, several teams are now openly talking about trading for Thomas and how he might fit their system. This note is important for a big reason. If the Seahawks truly are to move the linchpin of their defense, having as many offers on the table is to their benefit. Playing teams against each other will drive up their asking price, which is surely already a king's ransom

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This should give you some idea how much he looking for in new deal..........like I said, Earl can go to hell (lol). I'm moving on...

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...s/seahawks-insider-blog/article203172484.html

Seahawks, Earl Thomas agents talk new contract, Schneider says core re-up precedents do not apply
BY GREGG BELL

gbell@thenewstribune.com

March 02, 2018 01:45 PM

Updated March 02, 2018 09:11 PM

INDIANAPOLIS The Seahawks have talked to Earl Thomas’ representatives about a new contract, continuing the first steps to avoiding any idea of the holdout the three-time All-Pro free safety has hinted is possible this fall.

General manager John Schneider said Friday at the NFL combine he’s met with Thomas’ agents while he’s been here in Indiana since Monday night.

“I've talked to his representatives. Yeah, I mean, that's all I can say,” Schneider said. “Earl is under contract. I've talked to his representatives in the meetings we've had down here. We are meeting with all our guys here, as well as other teams, you know. Trying to figure out where everybody is. We have a huge map, and we're just trying to put it all together."

Schneider has set precedents since taking the job in January 2010 of re-signing core starters in the final years of their existing contracts and before those deals run out. The Seahawks did that with Thomas in April 2014, entering the final year of his first NFL contract, when they gave him a four-year, $40 million deal. That contract expires this year.

Proof

Reaction score
This should give you some idea how much he looking for in new deal..........like I said, Earl can go to hell (lol). I'm moving on...

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...s/seahawks-insider-blog/article203172484.html

Seahawks, Earl Thomas agents talk new contract, Schneider says core re-up precedents do not apply
BY GREGG BELL

gbell@thenewstribune.com

INDIANAPOLIS The Seahawks have talked to Earl Thomas’ representatives about a new contract, continuing the first steps to avoiding any idea of the holdout the three-time All-Pro free safety has hinted is possible this fall.

General manager John Schneider said Friday at the NFL combine he’s met with Thomas’ agents while he’s been here in Indiana since Monday night.

“I've talked to his representatives. Yeah, I mean, that's all I can say,” Schneider said. “Earl is under contract. I've talked to his representatives in the meetings we've had down here. We are meeting with all our guys here, as well as other teams, you know. Trying to figure out where everybody is. We have a huge map, and we're just trying to put it all together."

Schneider has set precedents since taking the job in January 2010 of re-signing core starters in the final years of their existing contracts and before those deals run out. The Seahawks did that with Thomas in April 2014, entering the final year of his first NFL contract, when they gave him a four-year, $40 million deal. That contract expires this year.

the thing is.... that's 'only' 13 mil a year. that's still entirely reasonable for a player of earls caliber and our need. he's obviously not getting a 6 year deal, and you already control him for a year @ 8.5. tacking on say 3 years 40 mil isn't that hard to stomach honestly

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He talked about retirement literally hours after suffering a broken leg and ending his season. It was an emotional response of a competitive, disappointed player. Had nothing to do with Eric Berry's contract.

Earl Thomas took notice of Eric Berry's $78 million deal

"I couldn't tell you exactly at what point," Thomas said. "It was a little bit of everything. I just felt like it wasn't time. I saw Eric Berry get that huge deal. There's never enough of that. So just a lot of things that made me come back."

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...as-took-notice-of-eric-berrys-78-million-deal

Not the only thing, but according to him it was part of the decision. That aside, I still say trade for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

BY GREGG BELL

gbell@thenewstribune.com

What am I missing here?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Earl Thomas took notice of Eric Berry's $78 million deal

"I couldn't tell you exactly at what point," Thomas said. "It was a little bit of everything. I just felt like it wasn't time. I saw Eric Berry get that huge deal. There's never enough of that. So just a lot of things that made me come back."

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...as-took-notice-of-eric-berrys-78-million-deal

That aside, I still say trade for him.
That's fair. I was talking about the immediacy of his mentioning retirement. He announced 20 days later he was definitely coming back, which was months before Berry's contract.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Our new secondary coach will impact this situation just as much as the salary cap. If we start being mentioned in talks or request to discuss a deal with his agent, then you know Richard is hot to have him here. If nothing materializes regarding our being players, you can be sure Richard advised against it and towards a younger player.

GMO415

Reaction score
Eagles won a SB being aggressive. We should match that and make this deal. We waste 2nd round picks anyways. Earl wouldn't be a waste.
After it was believed that they were going to be ruined for five years too......yeah, that didn't happen.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If nothing materializes regarding our being players, you can be sure Richard advised against it and towards a younger player.
Or it could simply be our recent policy of "liking our own players" and not really considering trades.