Twitter: SEA fielding trade offers for Earl Thomas

Proof

Reaction score
Acquiring earl would make me care less and less which direction they went with in the first.

WR, OL what ever.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If they let Sherman go, our best trade piece is Byron. Young, good size and length, and obviously the athleticism. He's closer to the mold of Sherman than Scandrick, and maybe a guy you'd want to sign to a new contract.
And also a 1 year rental...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Except Jerry Jones. I hope Stephen talks him into doing something with Dez if he doesn't agree to a restructure.

The only restructure I would want would reduce his salary to 8 and give him bonuses as he approached 2014 performance levels.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
3...2...1... Go

Charles Robinson

Been told by a few teams the #Seahawks had open ears at the #NFLCombine. Seattle trade commodities drawing interest: defensive tackle Michael Bennett and safety Earl Thomas. Nothing imminent. But hearing Seattle would like to remedy having zero draft picks in 2nd and 3rd round.

RD3 for Thomas, and if it took a comp pick. Let it fly

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And also a 1 year rental...

If they wanted to, they could pick up the 5th year option. Depends if they like the look of him. A team looking for long corners might think they could make a lot more out of him, given his measurables and man cover skills on TEs, which are good.

If we hadn't seemingly hit on our rookie CBs, we'd be thinking about that 5th year option.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He talked about retirement literally hours after suffering a broken leg and ending his season. It was an emotional response of a competitive, disappointed player. Had nothing to do with Eric Berry's contract.

:rolleyes:

Not only is that incorrect, when it was pointed out to you by other posters you then attempted to spin this nonsense into something else. Just admit you spoke off the top of your head and weren't aware of his comments. We're all allowed to be wrong sometimes. Later pretending you meant something else is just lame.

Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas was asked Tuesday when he got over thoughts of retirement and decided he wanted to resume his career after breaking his leg in Week 13 of last season.

"I couldn't tell you exactly at what point," Thomas said. "It was a little bit of everything. I just felt like it wasn't time. I saw Eric Berry get that huge deal."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are right
So then you have to sign him because you can’t give a pick to rent one year
Also with tagging Dlaw and tendering Irving we’d probably have to clear some money too
We have contracts we can do though
My fear is what he wants to get paid

Same here. I'd be good with a $10 million per year average. Say, 4 years, $40 million total.

If he's looking for "Eric Berry money", let him find that elsewhere.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not a move Cleveland SHOULD make. But a move they wouldn't make? I don't know about that one. You seem to think its a one year rental. If so....with as many draft picks and young players they have.....a one year rental for a 4th round pick where their head coach's job is on the line? Wouldn't' put it past them.

I would.

And for the record I'm not saying the Browns would do this. There may be some teams that would. I don't really know who's in the market for Earl Thomas. I'd imagine that a lot of contenders are.

The thing about the NFL is that due to parity...everyone feels they are just a offseason away. Even at 0-4....they still think they have a shot.

Its not that easy. They've spent resources on that defense. But the problem has been when they fix one problem two more pop up. That's the story of the NFL. Their defense hasn't been terrible. They have never went after that easy fix in free agency. But I'm not sure if that easy fix was ever there in free agency.

I'm not sure who the "they" are you're talking about here?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Not only is that incorrect, when it was pointed out to you by other posters you then attempted to spin this nonsense into something else. Just admit you spoke off the top of your head and weren't aware of his comments. We're all allowed to be wrong sometimes. Later pretending you meant something else is just lame.

Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas was asked Tuesday when he got over thoughts of retirement and decided he wanted to resume his career after breaking his leg in Week 13 of last season.

"I couldn't tell you exactly at what point," Thomas said. "It was a little bit of everything. I just felt like it wasn't time. I saw Eric Berry get that huge deal."

His retirement comments tweet came December 4th. He he tweeted was definitely coming back December 24th. Eric Berry signed the new contract February 28th.

No one was spinning. Those are the facts. I admitted I hadn't seen the comments he made about Berry's contract, which he clearly made well after his December 24th announcement of coming back.

You were saying?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Scandrick's contract is not that bad, tough. I think he's near $3M per.
Once again, it may "not be that bad", if their idea is to shed cap in chunks, they would not take tradeoffs to do it in smaller increments.

They only have $13.4M in cap space. Even a million here or there matters.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What’s so bad about a player considering retirement after suffering a serious injury?

Suffering a serious injury can be a tough thing to mentally deal with. The dude broke his leg for crying out loud. It’s not strange he needed time to cope with it and get over it.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
If he'll take $10m APY for 3-4 years (supposed 'hometown discount'), then I'd be willing to cough up a 3rd. Now, if the Seahawk FO wants a 2nd or he's demanding Eric Berry money ($13.5m+) to agree with the trade, then hell to the NO. We're finally at a spot where we're getting "back into the black" as far as the cap is concerned, so that's a more important commodity than draft picks.

IMO, some other team, with more cap space, will offer a 2nd/3rd and give him his 'Eric Berry' money. I think the "hometown preference/discount" angle is way overblown here as well as Dallas' true desire to pursue his services. They've been burned so many times by other's FAs that they're gun-shy at this point...and I don't blame them.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
2 taco's and a jug of JJ's finest scotch (just dont tell him about that part) if Thomas is willing to take a pay cut.