Sean Lee expects to play in 2019

conner01

Reaction score
Damien Wilson is a free agent. Team could resign or draft a player. I would like to see Lee get about 30-40 snaps a game.
If he plays strong side he won’t get that many and barring injury you can’t take LVE or Smith off the field. But he could backup both spots and continue to mentor the young kids. We drafted a guy last year they liked who hopefully is healthy this year

Verdict

Reaction score
I like Lee as much as anyone on this board. He's a cowboys legend, much like Witten.

But some of you just aren't being realistic. Sean Lee's level of play fell off a cliff last year. He wasn't the same player as he had been in years past.

I guess it's possible that he rebounds this coming year, but I really don't see it as likely. He did have one or two impact plays this year in critical situations, but he was a liability for most of the year.

We will probably keep him and pay him his full salary, but quite honestly he should be retiring. If he plays like he did last year, I think it will tarnish his legacy.

Most of you see the Sean Lee of years past. By the end of next season I predict a majority of you will see the guy that I saw this year.

If he wants to try to play, make him earn his spot in training camp. But the team should be approaching this offseason as if he has already retired, because there is a good chance he won't make the final 53.

Then you guys will be saying he couldn't get a job because we cut him so late (like Dez) whenthe reality is his playing days are most likely behind him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Jesus:facepalm:.....and people thought Jay Ratliff stole a lot of Jerry's money.:rolleyes:

Flamma

Reaction score
Barring an injury to his bubble gum hamstring I think he'll play a reduced roll at a high level. We don't have to get rid of him just yet. He'll probably retire following this season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sean's head wants to play but his body wants otherwise.

He was a blessing for the Cowboys but it's time to retire.

Sean is at a stage where his absence overrules his play.

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If he plays strong side he won’t get that many and barring injury you can’t take LVE or Smith off the field. But he could backup both spots and continue to mentor the young kids. We drafted a guy last year they liked who hopefully is healthy this year
SLee has to play Will which is also JSmith's best position.....JSmith can cover side to side like nobody's business

If SLee is taking snaps that means JSmith has to get banged up at SAM unless he is playing hand in the dirt pass rush Elephant type SAM

When SLee gets hurt then JSmith has to revert back to Will so now 2 positions are impacted

They would be better off signing DWilson to a cheap deal to play SAM and STs and signing SLee to an incentive laden deal to be a backup WILL

UpNorth

Reaction score
He should leave and get the biggest pay day he can. It'll more than likely be his last oppurtunity

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Family pushing him to keep playing... More potential head and other part injuries on top of what's already happened...
cool.
They will give him a 3m base with incentives to make 3m more

That will save 4m on the cap and let SLee compete for some snaps

He is owed a chance to compete for a job

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Wth is wrong with you people? Lee destroys his body for us, makes pro bowls, all pros, helps develops jalyon and Lve, and now you hate him? Pathetic. Makes me ashamed to be a Cowboys fan.
It is a joke......lighten up Francis

Lighten-Up-Francis-Stripes-Scott-Elblein-STaRDoGG.jpg

JayFord

Reaction score
If he comes back let him start at outside linebacker......I don’t see why he can’t play outside smith play the other outside and lve in the middle

In nickel and dime take lee off the field