Twitter: Sean Lee: I'm playing in 2020

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How much is Maliek Collins going to cost?

With our DT situation I think we have to prioritize him unless he is going to get stupid money.

Crawford needs to go and so does Lee if need be to get him on our roster. Lee is a luxury player.

quickccc

Reaction score
if we do entertain the thoughts of Lee returning for another one year run, then I'm for going with the similar game plan of limited snaps, sharing reps & snaps with another top depth guy
(preferably one that can be an idea eventual replacement) to have the best chance at less pounding, less wear & tear toll, you get his terrific feel for the game and leadership qualities,
and you have someone that can drop-play the passing lanes in zones. (INT possibility)

But it's still essential that we get a young rangy newcomer to groom behind Lee, that can fill in when/if Lee gets hurt and most importantly an eventual starter. Lee on another bargain one year deal
can give us that luxury of waiting out a year to bring the young buck along slowly.

quickccc

Reaction score
How much is Maliek Collins going to cost?

With our DT situation I think we have to prioritize him unless he is going to get stupid money.

Crawford needs to go and so does Lee if need be to get him on our roster. Lee is a luxury player.

frankly i'm ready to move on from Maliek. maybe some are so petrified about not having anything else available and warranted at the 3 tech, but that's why we have
scouts and personnel guys on hand to try to continue to find those capable interior guys, and Maliek has proven he is not
anything special and at this stage he is at his peak and not gonna be any better than what he is. Just not a difference maker.
Really plays more like a rotational guy than a full time starter.

Just like the other decent types that have end up getting richer deals elsewhere (ala Hitchens, McClain, Wilson, Church, etc.) some team is gonna make him a richer deal
here than what he is worth- especially since he is a DLineman, and more so a DT.
But his return and his starting role status just won't make us a better more advanced defense, imo.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
frankly i'm ready to move on from Maliek. maybe some are so petrified about not having anything else available and warranted at the 3 tech, but that's why we have
scouts and personnel guys on hand to try to continue to find those capable interior guys, and Maliek has proven he is not
anything special and at this stage he is at his peak and not gonna be any better than what he is. Just not a difference maker.
Really plays more like a rotational guy than a full time starter.

Just like the other decent types that have end up getting richer deals elsewhere (ala Hitchens, McClain, Wilson, Church, etc.) some team is gonna make him a richer deal
here than what he is worth- especially since he is a DLineman, and more so a DT.
But his return and his starting role status just won't make us a better more advanced defense, imo.

It just depends on the money he wants really.

I don't think there is any way we get one of these top 2 DT's in this draft.

After the top 2 guys I want no part of any of the rest in the 1st round.. That seems like the typical pick Dallas would make and fans would applaud but the 3rd, 4th, and 5th defensive tackle are not worthy of pick 17.

Collins is a really good player.. I just don't know what his market value is.

I need 6

Reaction score
Personally, at the right price and in the right role, I hope it's here. Don't leave just when things will start getting good.
I would love to see him on a team of an opponent on our schedule so we can expose and attack him just like everyone else does. This clown is horseback riding TEs and RBs six or seven yards downfield as they attack him and he gets credit for making a lot of tackles.

Minnesota with Kyle Rudolph and also Philadelphia with Ertz and Dallas G. constantly picked him and had some of their best games of the season.

There's a reason for that folks.... He's old and slow.....They game plan to attack this washed up Rudy.

Good luck with your new team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would love to see him on a team of an opponent on our schedule so we can expose and attack him just like everyone else does. This clown is horseback riding TEs and RBs six or seven yards downfield as they attack him and he gets credit for making a lot of tackles.

Minnesota with Kyle Rudolph and also Philadelphia with Ertz and Dallas G. constantly picked him and had some of their best games of the season.

There's a reason for that folks.... He's old and slow.....They game plan to attack this washed up Rudy.

Good luck with your new team.

If Lee was "old, slow and washed up", every other linebacker on this team was worse. So we're in real trouble.

I need 6

Reaction score
If Lee was "old, slow and washed up", every other linebacker on this team was worse. So we're in real trouble.
No sir. The basic scheme we played in put others in poor positions. In Marenilli's scheme the WLB (Derrick Brooks) is protected and covered by the 3 technique and that position should make plays. There were alot of long runs because he was so slow to the spot and was getting juked out of his shoes so much. Had others been afforded opportunities at that position you would have seen more catalytic plays.

It's hilarious to me how you guys cheer for these try hard guys. Opponents love to see Sean Lee on the field. It's pathetic but once again I know why............. He reminds you guys of the kid that grew up next door to you. The nice neighbor's kid.

He's a progress stopper just like Witten was.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No sir. The basic scheme we played in put others in poor positions. In Marenilli's scheme the WLB (Derrick Brooks) is protected and covered by the 3 technique and that position should make plays. There were alot of long runs because he was so slow to the spot and was getting juked out of his shoes so much. Had others been afforded opportunities at that position you would have seen more catalytic plays.

And the WLB is Lee’s best position. And when he was put back there, he made more plays from that spot than anyone did. Including Vander Esch.

It's hilarious to me how you guys cheer for these try hard guys. Opponents love to see Sean Lee on the field. It's pathetic but once again I know why.............

Keep going down that road, see how it works out for you. You force issues into places where they don’t exist. Your agenda is clear from your posts and it’s something that this site doesn’t tolerate. Keep at it and your stay will be short.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I can't imagine Sean Lee in any other NFL uni. I'm hoping his representation and the Cowboys FO can come to a reasonable agreement that would have him return to Dallas. We need our General to return.

agree.

100 percent.

Big_D

Reaction score

It's hilarious to me how you guys cheer for these try hard guys. Opponents love to see Sean Lee on the field. It's pathetic but once again I know why............. He reminds you guys of the kid that grew up next door to you. The nice neighbor's kid.

He's a progress stopper just like Witten was.

It's time to go in a younger direction, just like it was time at TE.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, I love Sean Lee and what he has meant for this team. But good roster building should never be solely based on what someone did last year at 32 years old, assuming it can be replicated at 33. Sean Lee is more of the past than our future.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Again, I love Sean Lee and what he has meant for this team. But good roster building should never be solely based on what someone did last year at 32 years old, assuming it can be replicated at 33. Sean Lee is more of the past than our future.

Due to the injuries and the missed season, he's only played 109 games.

Lots of miles left on that frame.

relax.

He'll be retired soon enough. NFL careers are short.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Turn the page, close the book, and shelf it under "U" for unavailable most of his career.

If he escapes injury, he could play for another 4-5 seasons. Hes 33, but only played 109 NFL games.

Getting near 160-180 games is usually the end stage for NFL careers.

Look for Dallas to offer a 2-3 year deal, 2-3 mil per.

GMO415

Reaction score
We all know how it ends
20121202_mse_se2_164.0.jpg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
he’s our 3rd LB.

not a backup.

plus he’s good in coverage.

IMO, we should have had Lee playing weakside, LVE middle and Jaylon strong side when all three were in the game. I never really understood playing Jaylon at MLB, LVE at WLB and Lee at SLB.