Sean Lee out 6 weeks after hernia surgery

HungryLion

Reaction score
To quote Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny

“What else is new. Well, There’s a f***** surprise”

quickccc

Reaction score
Fact is ... i really wasn't expecting Lee to return at all in 2020. .. with him i will expect a setback of sort. as its' always gonna be something with him.
i was stunned he actually miraculously played his first ever full 16 game in his entire career. And started every game at that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He should have retired and become a LB coach. At this point, I am not even sure why he is on the team.
Witten coach, Lee a coach,, I really thought that Stepnoski would have been a really good OL coach and I know its a rare occurrence, but Im not being sarcastic about Step.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Its funny. So many hated Witten for blocking younger players but he was available every Sunday, did his production match that of a younger player, no. But he was reliable. Lee is Mr. Glass to Witten's unbreakable.

jrumann, I get your take. I see it a little different.

1) Sean took a lesser role and allowed Jaylon and LVE to be the main guys.
2) He has spent a lot of time mentoring the LBs and not kept everything to himself

I like Witten, but he was know for not be especially helpful to the younger TEs.

Just one man's opinion.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
This is exactly why it's so important to not miss on top picks. Byron didn't get a contract, LVE is perpetually on IR, Taco didn't last two years, and the jury is still out on Trysten and CeeDee.

We'll likely have to either go on a spending spree this off-season or have a damn nearly flawless draft to pull this off. Good luck to this FO while they're about to hand a slightly above average QB the most money in the league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its in your best interest as a Cowboy fan and hell even as a organization to move as if Lee doesn't play for you. Then when he shows up you get a luxury and if he doesn't oh well you didn't expect him to anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is exactly why it's so important to not miss on top picks. Byron didn't get a contract, LVE is perpetually on IR, Taco didn't last two years, and the jury is still out on Trysten and CeeDee.

We'll likely have to either go on a spending spree this off-season or have a damn nearly flawless draft to pull this off. Good luck to this FO while they're about to hand a slightly above average QB the most money in the league.
Personnel wise they aren't in a bad situation yet but if guys who we are expecting to get better like Dak, McGovern, C Williams, Diggs and Jaylon all fail then we are going to have a issue. To me those are probably the most important guys right now who can change the course of this season. Maybe even add Lawrence to that list.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should be ok with the Covid testing. He’s on the Jets practice squad who j I assume means he must be tested

I wonder if they have him 'protected' or if his veteran status means he can't be signed away?