RELEASED Sean Lee retiring

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he should have probably retired after he took Sanchez’s pass to the house.

conner01

Reaction score
We suspected that he'd retire, but why didn't he wait until after the draft for strategic reasons/team secrecy?
It wasn’t a big secret
I think most everyone expected it
Many here wanted to cut him weeks ago for some crazy reason

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Lee could have been an all-time great player...if he had played for a different team. He had the football smarts of the greatest defensive players and also the work ethic. Remember in All or Nothing, after the last game of the season he was already back in the film room the next day.

I think if he plays for a franchise that knows how to have sustained success like a Pittsburgh or Baltimore, he probably makes the Hall of Fame...even with the durability issues. And maybe on those teams, his body wouldn't have gotten hurt as often because he wouldn't feel the need to go all out every single play. On the Cowboys, he knew he had to do everything so he constantly put his body on the line.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let's see how this retirement thread goes compared to Tyrone Crawford's.........

Much respect to Sean Lee. I got frustrated with the injuries but at his peak.....when healthy he was a terror and a great football mind. It was fun watching him read defenses and see plays before they even happen.

He was like having another coach out there. Always will be a fan. Sad to see him go but he knows when its time.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Hate to see him go but I think it was the right decision. Helluva player but his body just refused to keep up with the heart he put into the game. As so many others have echoed throughout this thread already, I think he would make a great coach.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
LB is a big need in this draft. Big. Wasn’t really counting on Lee but now that he is gone plus last year’s best LB JT they are very, very thin. Relying on 54 and 55 is lunacy.

Lee got hurt too often. Too bad because he could really play. If he wants it a career in coaching should be an easy jump for him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
oft injured but a helluva Cowboy when healthy.
love ya #50...and thank you.
:bow:GENERAL LEE...THANKS:bow:

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Lee could have been an all-time great player...if he had played for a different team. He had the football smarts of the greatest defensive players and also the work ethic. Remember in All or Nothing, after the last game of the season he was already back in the film room the next day.

I think if he plays for a franchise that knows how to have sustained success like a Pittsburgh or Baltimore, he probably makes the Hall of Fame...even with the durability issues. And maybe on those teams, his body wouldn't have gotten hurt as often because he wouldn't feel the need to go all out every single play. On the Cowboys, he knew he had to do everything so he constantly put his body on the line.

I dont think a guy like Sean Lee can even imagine going half speed. Balls to the wall is his game.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
When Sean Lee was right you couldn't ask for better. He is a student of the game and as a coach would come full circle with that aspect in my opinion. Thank you Sean Lee for all the times you strapped it on and gave it your all for our beloved Dallas Cowboys.

kevm3

Reaction score
Now he can go into coaching where he belongs. Bring him in as a coach.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Ez7WG5qVoAEmjbU

erod

Reaction score
Jerry's stack of victims is growing daily.