RELEASED Sean Lee retiring

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
some of you people are just cold. He was a great player. His body was just not made for football. Great Dallas Cowboy and if you're luck he might just coach. Stewart of the game.

Wouldn't say "good riddance" but I did NOT want him back, he's a shell of his best, it's time to move on from him. If he didn't retire he'd probably have been cut anyway, maybe JJ told him so....

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Wouldn't say "good riddance" but I did NOT want him back, he's a shell of his best, it's time to move on from him. If he didn't retire he'd probably have been cut anyway, maybe JJ told him so....
Ok that may be fair. i still respect the effort. it was there. cool.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

He's UFA.

I thought it was 50/50 on him playing another season. Our loss.

Retiring before the draft is a class move.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Would've been a poor man's Luke Kuechly if they drafted legit interior dudes on front of him. But instead they just wasted his ability

Carter

Reaction score
class player when on the field but just not the body to play pro football. Not his fault we kept and paid him all the time though he spend most of his career on IR

I hope he stays as LB Coach or Assist. LB Coach or any other role on Defense.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
some of you people are just cold. He was a great player. His body was just not made for football. Great Dallas Cowboy and if you're luck he might just coach. Stewart of the game.

I further explained what I meant by saying "good riddance ". It was nothing personal; it is situational.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Tyron is now the only player left on the roster that was drafted by the Wade Phillips Cowboys.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don’t know, I’m assuming he’s a got a mind for the game. Coaches have always talked about his football “smarts”
Yes. So smart he let RBs and receivers run wild around him. That is when he was not injured.
I believe the "coaching smarts" appendage was applied by coaches just passing through or love- struck fans who want to continue the love for him.
Just think, of all the LBs in Cowboys'past, he alone had "smarts."

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Well, look at the bright side. The Cowboys have a one legged QB...it evens out, I guess.
One legged QBs don't have to chase down and cover. Since 1995, I have seen no bright side. If there was light Jerry big ego block the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sean Lee did the best he could do with the injuries he had out of college. N. F. L. Not For Long.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The injuries are probably a case of his brain being WAY better than his body. DNA.

Having said that...I'm glad he was a cowboy, thank you for your service...and enjoy being Coach Lee!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One legged QBs don't have to chase down and cover. Since 1995, I have seen no bright side. If there was light Jerry big ego block the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sean Lee did the best he could do with the injuries he had out of college. N. F. L. Not For Long.
Welp...could always get a job at pizza hut then, like the rest of us shlubs.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
It sounds to me like Lee will take at least a year post-retirement to consider whether he will attempt any furtherance of his football career vis-a-vis coaching. I'm hoping he will decide to go the coaching route and that the Dallas Cowboys will receive first consideration from Lee. He's so obviously well-equipped to be a LBers coach. A technician with a thorough understanding of the position. A professor of Linebacking.