Sean McVay flipped the script

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is what happens when you have an offense that has run the same five plays all year and a defense that is so befuddled by any sort of motion that they won't run anything but cover 3.

LA is misdirection and PA. Period. That's it. They're both gimmicks. All it takes is staying home and doing your job.

Well when Robert Woods and Cooks fake a sweep every play I guess the discipline and staying home goes out the window.

Suddenly our incredible linebackers are trash and the entire front 7 really is trash.

Unbelievable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL...…..I don't know football, yet you just got proven to be a fool and me right?

Yah, sure buddy.

Where were you proven right?

You said ahead of time the Cowboys were going to get ran on? Because even if you did, and I’d love for you to show me, I’d love to know you’re reasoning because statistically we’ve dominated the run all year and we just shut down the #1 rush offense the week before so you’d be pulling it from your ***.

Dallas had a great run D and the Rams had a trash run D and Goff can be rattled if you put the game in his hand.

We also took over their stadium.

This was a great matchup for Dallas. The best

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To be fair Cj had 150 per game in the two games he’d played for them already. Guy just fits what they want to do.

Seriously though, as disappointing as it is, we’re any of you also fooled by their misdirection? The timing and attention to detail that those plays take to pull off well is pretty impressive. There were multiple times where three offensive players converged perfectly, with momentum, and I legit had no clue who got it. Can’t insgine actually trying to defend it

The Rams have a legit Oline. Its one of the best. The Oline is the key to any offense. I have said it for years now. That line pushed back the middle of our line like a bunch of teenage girls all night long. Our Oline can barely function. Its probably one of the reason why our coaches call such ho hum game plans.

And yah, fools like Heath were fooled all night long. Hesitating is getting fooled.

Proof

Reaction score
The Rams have a legit Oline. Its one of the best. The Oline is the key to any offense. I have said it for years now. That line pushed back the middle of our line like a bunch of teenage girls all night long. Our Oline can barely function. Its probably one of the reason why our coaches call such ho hum game plans.

And yah, fools like Heath were fooled all night long. Hesitating is getting fooled.

I was more asking with the luxury of watching from home with overhead angles if anyone else was fooled. Because I sure was

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Where were you proven right?

You said ahead of time the Cowboys were going to get ran on? Because even if you did, and I’d love for you to show me, I’d love to know you’re reasoning because statistically we’ve dominated the run all year and we just shut down the #1 rush offense the week before so you’d be pulling it from your ***.

Dallas had a great run D and the Rams had a trash run D and Goff can be rattled if you put the game in his hand.

We also took over their stadium.

This was a great matchup for Dallas. The best

You said we had all the right matchups. We obviously didn't because we got handed it, on almost every front.

Tried to tell types like you that they had two of the best DT's in the game and Garretts run up the middle only style wouldn't work

CHECK!!!!!!

Also tried to tell you homers that being on the road against this offense would be hell and that it wouldn't be 50% Cowboys fans.

You got chumped. No biggie. Just don't call out the people that tell you how it is.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
An offensive genius took a big look at our defense and laughed. Then just went out and destroyed it. And he did it with CJ Anderson that has been eating cheese burgers for months. LOL
You are spot on, except C.J. has been eating triple cheese burgers for 6 months.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So we go into this game with one of the leagues best Run defenses and the Rams come into the game with one of the leagues worst.

Well 1 little pre-snap motion that threatened the sweep single handedly ended our season by giving up almost 7 yards a play.

All these years of experience and everything else and our out of touch coaches could stop had no answers for a pre-snap motion that was causing CJ Anderson to gash us every play.

3 times now we’ve got to the divisional round with Garrett and all 3 times we’ve been dominated by either Aaron Rodgers or a run game that sent a receiver in motion causing us to give up 7 yards a carry.

How do we overcome this staff?

They want to extend Garrett too and he’s just so limited. He offers a basic brand of football and if your roster is amazing the next maybe you can go all the way if everything is perfect.

We walked into that game with a favorable matchup and left the game with the script completely flipped on us.
As for that sweep this video covers how the Bears who held them to six points defended that bs but the Boys took none of that smh. That level of incompetence alone should get someone fired.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You said we had all the right matchups. We obviously didn't because we got handed it, on almost every front.

Tried to tell clowns like you that they had two of the best DT's in the game and Garretts run up the middle only style wouldn't work

CHECK!!!!!!

Also tried to tell you clowns that being on the road against this offense would be hell and that it wouldn't be 50% Cowboys fans.

You got chumped. No biggie. Just don't call out the people that tell you how it is.

And I stand by that.

This was a great matchup for Dallas. Their weakness was our strength. Their strength on offense was our strength on defense.

We just got outcoached. Something I also said was totally possible even though we had a favorable matchup.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was more asking with the luxury of watching from home with overhead angles if anyone else was fooled. Because I sure was

They ran every which way everyone else and then just ran right up the middle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And I stand by that.

This was a great matchup for Dallas.

We just got outcoached. Something I also said was totally possible even though we had a favorable matchup.

Oh yah, great matchup.

Great Oline and HC/OC totally minimized our biggest strength with was the D. Then those two great DT's stopped the run. It was a horrid matchup. And in case you didn't know, the coaching staff is part of the matchup.

superonyx

Reaction score
It’s not a gimmick.

Good coaching is allowed. I wish we would embrace it.

Chiefs and Rams move on.

90s Cowboys schemes go home.
Look at the points scored all season by the Rams.
It can be both good coaching and a gimmick.
Some will want to bash Dak and pretend Gurley is better than Zeke...but Dak and Zeke in a MCVey offense would do even better.

Our 90’s scheme has been predictable and stale and relies on all 11 guys beating their man every down.

The best we can hope is Jerry hires Jason an OC that implements a scheme that uses our talents players better than old man Linehan ever could.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Oh yah, great matchup.

Great Oline and HC/OC totally minimized our biggest strength with was the D. Then those two great DT's stopped the run. It was a horrid matchup. And in case you didn't know, the coaching staff is part of the matchup.

Those 2 great D Tackles have been trash all year at stopping the run and our Run D was great all year.

It was a perfect matchup.

There is no stats that shows this as a bad matchup for Dallas and teams similar to us gave the Rams all they could handle this year.

It’s easy to say it was a bad matchup after the fact. Monday morning QB.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Here the difference:

The smart coach (Mcvay) game plans to exploit weakness. The mediocre coach (Garret) doesn't care who we play b/c its about execution. You could see it on Zeke's failed 4th down run which was a huge turning point. Why go up the middle? That is the strength of their defense. Its almost like we have no idea that the NFL's best defensive player is in the middle of the rams defense.
You are correct! There coaching was the difference in this game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those 2 great D Tackles have been trash all year at stopping the run and our Run D was great all year.

It was a perfect matchup.

Oh ya, perfect matchup. LOL

Just keep telling yourself that. Say it 50 times if it makes you feel better.

It was a horrid matchup.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Oh ya, perfect matchup. LOL

Just keep telling yourself that. Say it 50 times if it makes you feel better.

It was a horrid matchup.

Monday morning QB.

You’re a genius after you have the answers aren’t you.

superonyx

Reaction score
To be fair Cj had 150 per game in the two games he’d played for them already. Guy just fits what they want to do.

Seriously though, as disappointing as it is, we’re any of you also fooled by their misdirection? The timing and attention to detail that those plays take to pull off well is pretty impressive. There were multiple times where three offensive players converged perfectly, with momentum, and I legit had no clue who got it. Can’t insgine actually trying to defend it
Agreed.
Most plays had 3 guys who could have had the ball.
It’s pretty clear why Todd Gurley went from 3 ypc in Fishers last year to All Pro and Goff went from huge bust to franchise QB.

The Rams offense almost never punts ( I think I heard lowest punt percentage in NFL history this year).

It’s scheme and coaching no doubt.

Very very hard to defend that much misdirections, motion, fakes ect...

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Here the difference:

The smart coach (Mcvay) game plans to exploit weakness. The mediocre coach (Garret) doesn't care who we play b/c its about execution. You could see it on Zeke's failed 4th down run which was a huge turning point. Why go up the middle? That is the strength of their defense. Its almost like we have no idea that the NFL's best defensive player is in the middle of the rams defense.
Rewatch that 4th down play. The QB sneak is the easiest play to execute in that situation and guess what? It was wide open the way the Rams were lined up. Coaches should have it drummed into Dak’s Head, run the QB sneak when it’s wide open. Brady runs it 100% of the time vs that alignment! Coaching Matters!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Interesting tidbit before the game that the Cowboys and Rams run/pass ratios are exactly same