Sean McVay flipped the script

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
An offensive genius took a big look at our defense and laughed. Then just went out and destroyed it. And he did it with CJ Anderson that has been eating cheese burgers for months. LOL
you know they basically ran 10-12 plays. they executed it flawlessly..... it wasn't anything exotic or complicated. their Lines won their individual battles and handled our lines with ease. funny how when a play is executed well, everyone looks like a genius

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
wait, I thought Kris Richards was this genius coach in the waiting....you are telling me the defacto HC in the waiting in many people's mind couldn't figure out how to defend this simple thing? how could it be, he is some kind of a mad genius defensively....it can't be.....after all didn't you see him screaming on the sideline....I mean screaming and that alone made him aagood coach :omg:

Richard was schooled yesterday.

McVay made one of the best front 7s in football look like garbage.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
you know they basically ran 10-12 plays. they executed it flawlessly..... it wasn't anything exotic or complicated. their Lines won their individual battles and handled our lines with ease. funny how when a play is executed well, everyone looks like a genius

They found a wrinkle that threw off our scheme and we never adjusted.

No need to get exotic when you glitched out the other teams defense and you’re getting 7 yards a carry.

A little jet sweep motion and suddenly our amazing linebackers look horrible.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pick any coach you want. Get bulldozed for 273 yards rushing and you're gonna lose. At some point your guys have to win physical battles. Our defense lost tonight.
giving up that much rushing yards has nothing to do with exotic plays. its block up front, open running lanes and that they did. our DL got man handled last night.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

their OL executed well. nothing exotic....just block and open lanes....they were getting 3 yard push on the DL almost every play and we looked gassed by middle of 2nd quarter....

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Garrett isn’t going anywhere.

Come on people..we don’t have a HC like you want. We have Jerry’s boy.

The only change you will ever hope to get is from the OC and DC...that’s it.

This isn’t going to change folks.

It may not change BUT without JG change the result will also remain the same. NO NFC championship game since 1995!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Rams were the perfect matchup.

You just can’t account for CJ Anderson running wild over you.

We needed to shut down the run and put the game in Goffs hands. We’ve shut down the run all season. We just shut down the Seahawks who lead the league in rushing.

McVay just added a wrinkle and that wrinkle made our d line and linebackers look like amateurs for 4 quarters.
I think McVay realized we had a very physical game last week and thus his plan was to play power football. the first couple of times they got stalled inside redzone, but by that time in middle of 2nd quarter...they had 15-20 minutes TOP and we had 5. defense got tired and they started to miss tackles....I think the ticky tacky call on 3rd and 14 against Byron jones was a big turning moment....4 minutes to go, get the ball, put a drive together and even if we get 3 points, it keeps the game close....instead they get a first down and get a TD and that was a 10-14 point swing in the game

superonyx

Reaction score
It may not change BUT without JG change the result will also remain the same. NO NFC championship game since 1995!
Not really. If not for JG then Jerry would hire another Dave campo type of puppet who is ok with the old man publically neutering him.

A guy like Sean McVey or Reid ect would never be a Jerry puppet.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They found a wrinkle that threw off our scheme and we never adjusted.

No need to get exotic when you glitched out the other teams defense and you’re getting 7 yards a carry.

A little jet sweep motion and suddenly our amazing linebackers look horrible.
and once the running game worked, play action and we had really really bad defense against play action all season....

blueblood70

Reaction score
yup we got beat at our own game, this is what BYEs are supposed to be used for, not just rest..they duste doff the bottom of ther play book and decided to beat us at our own game..Brilliant..we came in prepared to stop the high flying circus and got punched in the mouth:facepalm::thumbdown::banghead:..we got Van dammed..dont get Vandammed!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
McVay also runs a lot of sweeps, draws and misdirection.

Linehan calls the same HB DIVE at the 1 player you don't want to run at, and expects success?

This guy baffles me with the playcalling.

In no way, shape or form does consistently running at Aaron Donald make any sense.
yup some times you do run at guys like him but when its 3rd and 4th and short you do NOT , its obvious they know its coming..although they beat us to the outside as well, ther LBs and saftys were there for the outside stuff as well..we got beat lost by 8 on the road as a 7.5 dog and I guess vegas was correct again.. Scot best be fired byt he end of the week, ist the only thing to help take this poo taste out of my mouth

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Richard had nothing to do with DL issues. Marinelli build that front with DTs light in the pants. He doesn't like the big space eaters that stuff the run. A claissic Marinelli DT is about 290-300 lbs and quick on his feet. Tyrone Crawford is 280.

The Rams learned from the Colts that the middle of this defense was a weak, and they exploited the heck out of it.

wssaustin

Reaction score
He basically did what the Cowboys do to thump other teams. Manhandled us in the trenches, controlled TOP, and ran the ball up our brown starfishes.

JG, SL, and the whole team were in a daze most of the night.

McVay did way better, with 270+ rushing yards against a dominant run defense. Garratt got out-coached big time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our gameplan sucked tonight. We looked like a college team against the Rams.

There's no excues for coming into this game with nothing new, no hustle, no no-huddle. We looked as uninspired as we did in the middle of the season

We WISh we looked as good as Clemson. lol

sbark

Reaction score
I totally agree but that’s my point. We should not be getting bulldozed but we did because of pre-snap motion that our players couldn’t adjust to.

1 coaching wrinkle ended our entire season.
Hard to believe itwas not something rod m.had not seen before and couldn't adjust on the fly to

Exposed his lack of desire for bigger interior dline