Sean Payton would be MM 2.0

TheCritic

Reaction score
Same resume. But more importantly, look at that gut!! He has clearly chunked out and his comments about being ok with completely lost. No thank you. Payton would clearly not be an upgrade from McFatty.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Same resume. But more importantly, look at that gut!! He has clearly chunked out and his comments about being ok with completely lost. No thank you. Payton would clearly not be an upgrade from McFatty.
We’ve played against Peyton and its always a clever match. If you think Peyton is piggy looking you must be living around some starving pigs

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't see the difference

Don't get me wrong, I think they both have their own individual strengths and weakness, but in essence both are Super Bowl winning head coaches, who managed just one Super Bowl appearance with a HOF QB

I don't really judge McCarthy for that given how hard it is to get to a Super Bowl, let alone win it, so I'm obviously not judging Payton, but I just don't see Payton as a huge upgrade or really an upgrade at all

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't get this comparison at all.

Just because they each won 1 super bowl with a top QB does not mean that are equal to each other.

I guess they are both equal to the offensive genius Andy Reid as well?

blueblood70

Reaction score
agree to point

hes a slight upgrade because hes bit more hands on, on the sidielines and developing players like qbs vs a Walek around that MM is but SP is not worth the price they will ask and the money in buyouts to both contracts for SLIGHT upgrade.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't get this comparison at all.

Just because they each won 1 super bowl with a top QB does not mean that are equal to each other.

I guess they are both equal to the offensive genius Andy Reid as well?

You don't? They both had HOF QBs for most of their HC careers, both had failing seasons with said HOF QBs, flubs in the playoffs with said HOF. Their overall records are similar and appearances in championships, etc.

They aren't that far apart. Andy Reid is above both Payton and McCarthy, in my opinion and the way the NFL is now suits his style far more than it used to.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't? They both had HOF QBs for most of their HC careers, both had failing seasons with said HOF QBs, flubs in the playoffs with said HOF. Their overall records are similar and appearances in championships, etc.

They aren't that far apart. Andy Reid is above both Payton and McCarthy, in my opinion and the way the NFL is now suits his style far more than it used to.

Andy Reid has only 1 Super Bowl win as well - his QB's haven't been exactly garbage.

The Saints were victim to one of the worst non calls of all time or they would have likely been in another Super Bowl.

jujoboys

Reaction score

So enlighten us on who you would have as the Head Coach of the Cowboys and make it a realistic option. It can't be a coach firmly entrenched in their organization such as a Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, etc. If you don't like Mike McCarthy or Sean Payton then who?

Personally I like the idea of Sean Payton. He would be calling his own offensive plays which means we could dump the boy genius Kellen Moore.

buddieluver

Reaction score
So enlighten us on who you would have as the Head Coach of the Cowboys and make it a realistic option. It can't be a coach firmly entrenched in their organization such as a Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, etc. If you don't like Mike McCarthy or Sean Payton then who?

Personally I like the idea of Sean Payton. He would be calling his own offensive plays which means we could dump the boy genius Kellen Moore.

I would to know this as well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Andy Reid has only 1 Super Bowl win as well - his QB's haven't been exactly garbage.

The Saints were victim to one of the worst non calls of all time or they would have likely been in another Super Bowl.

....that Super Bowl is recent and he just now got a transcending QB. He had Vick for a year and McNabb (good not great) for a while. Not the same.

And someone else tried this BS yesterday. That was the NFC championship game - they still failed in overtime and what about all the others seasons after 2009? Payton didn't do anything with it. Actually, he went 7-9 for three straight seasons WITH Brees.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Why do you need a veteran coach? Arians and Reid are doing great, but they also have HOF or future HOF QBs. We getting one of them soon? Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan will be going to their second Super Bowls depending on who wins on Sunday. Young guys with modern offenses.

And Moore is doing well for himself for being in his fourth year of coaching. He has a future. Whether that is HC or not, we'll see.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't see the difference

Don't get me wrong, I think they both have their own individual strengths and weakness, but in essence both are Super Bowl winning head coaches, who managed just one Super Bowl appearance with a HOF QB

I don't really judge McCarthy for that given how hard it is to get to a Super Bowl, let alone win it, so I'm obviously not judging Payton, but I just don't see Payton as a huge upgrade or really an upgrade at all
Parcells has ONE SB also if Norwood makes a kick.

Loso86

Reaction score
Except he will Hve complete control of HIS offense, we keep forgetting that

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Reid is on a different level, getting to the Super Bowl is ridiculously hard, getting with two teams and a win is pretty crazy.