Seattle? Doable or naw?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wilson already has 9 TD passes this season. He has to be licking his chops looking at how our defense has performed the past two weeks. If we don’t find a pass rush we’re going to lose by two or more scores unless we can put up another 40 burger.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Best thing right now is Seattle 12th man will be sitting at home. Dallas should be able to run their offense as they choose without concerns of crown noise. Go get them Cowboys!!!

I’m not really worried about the offense as much as I am worried about our defense trying to stop Russell Wilson...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I feel a lot better about fighting Seattle without their crowd being there. Seems like Wilson doesn't really kill us like he does other teams.

stiletto

Reaction score
I love how winning a game gives people such confidence in the team, it gives me a good laugh, thank you! Seahawks by 14-20.....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wilson already has 9 TD passes this season. He has to be licking his chops looking at how our defense has performed the past two weeks. If we don’t find a pass rush we’re going to lose by two or more scores unless we can put up another 40 burger.

As bad as the D looked week 1 they gave up 20 points in their 1st outing in a new scheme.

Week 2 the defense was awful but the offense made them look worse by fumbling the ball so much and giving Matt Ryan and those WR's more opportunities.

I think the defense has upside to get better but it's probably going to take another month but if they can hold an offense to 20 points we should win every single one of those games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If our defense doesn’t improve too many things are going to have to go our way for us to beat Seattle. The Seahawks would pretty much have to beat themselves if our pass rush continues to be nonexistent. Our secondary has been left hanging out to dry and it hasn’t been up for the challenge. Diggs has been in position to make some plays but hasn’t made any. Wilson is going to be raining down TD passes on us all day if we don’t put some serious pressure on him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I disagree..

Dallas needs to worry about themselves.

They can't play slow football. They suck at it.

They are better at stringing together long drives when they are in a full on attack.

When they play like they did vs the Rams it's a win for the defense.
I hear you there. I've said many times the best bet is keep away but I'm not sure they can do it.

They SHOULD be able to do it but probably cant.

The idea of getting Wilson out there faster is flawed in theory, but yes, not if it's the only way they can score.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only real positive heading into Sunday’s game is the Cowboys will be underdogs with many picking them to lose. The team seems to play some of their better games when expectations are low and they’re being disrespected. Heading into Seattle in 2014 no one was giving the Cowboys a chance and they pulled off the win.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We can’t keep playing from behind and digging holes for ourselves. That’s a recipe for a 500 or worse season.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Matt Ryan threw for 450 against them......

I never know with this team anymore. I was hoping new coaches would change that but nope

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’m not really worried about the offense as much as I am worried about our defense trying to stop Russell Wilson...

I understand but trying to play keep away with them I think would be a mistake. I also think being too conservative in this game will put us in unfavorable down and distance situation. I do what to run the ball as well but Dallas can't play scared in this game and defense needs to step up and make some plays. They had 2 chances for ints this past game and failed they need to make these plays sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Matt Ryan threw for 450 against them......

I never know with this team anymore. I was hoping new coaches would change that but nope

We only played 2 games and I am seeing things I did not see before, McCarthy worked in camp on up tempo that showed up this past game, Dallas made some quick adjustments after Dak took a big sack and was being pressured, it seem we started doing a better job of getting the ball out a quicker. We got 14 games to go so claiming nothing changed, give it a few games

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Watched them play this weekend as many of you guys did.

Wilson looks unstoppable.

Their receivers, Lockett especially is another Ridley for us.

Their defense looked good.

They are a very tough out at home.

So this looks like another Mission Impossible.

Can Moore and McCarthy pull another rabbit out of our hat?

Suggestions?
Certainly doable. Just as an example, I didn't give the Raiders a chance in hell last night but if you watched the game, you saw how they dominated that game almost from beginning to end.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We only played 2 games and I am seeing things I did not see before, McCarthy worked in camp on up tempo that showed up this past game, Dallas made some quick adjustments after Dak took a big sack and was being pressured, it seem we started doing a better job of getting the ball out a quicker. We got 14 games to go so claiming nothing changed, give it a few games

Well the bonehead plays remain the same. The wide open TE for the score versus Atlanta, the total farce of a defense against the misdirection versus the Rams- just complete lack of discipline on defense!

erod

Reaction score
It's the NFL, so of course it's doable. My confidence isn't high though for this week.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
If our defense can get some turnovers we definitely have a shot. They all have to play their best games. It’s early in the season but we don’t want to go 1-2.

I’m picking Cowboys 35-31.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well the bonehead plays remain the same. The wide open TE for the score versus Atlanta, the total farce of a defense against the misdirection versus the Rams- just complete lack of discipline on defense!

They did but also made some adjustments and held Alt to 10 points in the 2nd half. Defense made the biggest changes this off season including the style of defense they play with more of a hybrid defense. I'm pretty much a bottom line guy and while I do not expect 85 Bears defense to show up I do expect this defense to work and improve and to correct some mistakes they are making out there.