Seattle OL Chad Wheeler arrested on suspicion of Felony DV

InTheZone

Reaction score
1. That twitter group has me questioning their agenda
2. There's a name for a group that makes demands
3. Innocent until proven guilty
4. Wth is dv training going to do for an evil person?

If he is in fact guilty then people like him need to be locked forever (I would suggest other things but it may be too extreme for some)

Reactions: JPM

John813

Reaction score
Yea, not blindly defending the guy, but unless he gets indicted or it's so clearly obvious like a video(Ray Rice) it seems early to say he's guilty.

That said if he did do this he needs to be suspended for life. DV needs to be a lifetime suspension.

joseephuss

Reaction score
1. That twitter group has me questioning their agenda
2. There's a name for a group that makes demands
3. Innocent until proven guilty
4. Wth is dv training going to do for an evil person?

If he is in fact guilty then people like him need to be locked forever (I would suggest other things but it may be too extreme for some)

I get the impression that the twitter group is wanting DV training for the entire Seahwawks organization, not just the specific player involved in this incident. They probably do have an agenda. The reality is they have no standing in what Seattle or the NFL does, so their posts aren't going to do anything.

Is he guilty? Is he truly an evil person or is it something he can learn from and not do again? I try to balance my general pessimism about life with the optimistic approach that people can evolve and do better. They can make horrendous decisions and learn from the consequences. Locked up forever probably works for quite a few truly evil people, but I think others can better themselves through guidance.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I get the impression that the twitter group is wanting DV training for the entire Seahwawks organization, not just the specific player involved in this incident. They probably do have an agenda. The reality is they have no standing in what Seattle or the NFL does, so their posts aren't going to do anything.

Is he guilty? Is he truly an evil person or is it something he can learn from and not do again? I try to balance my general pessimism about life with the optimistic approach that people can evolve and do better. They can make horrendous decisions and learn from the consequences. Locked up forever probably works for quite a few truly evil people, but I think others can better themselves through guidance.
If you beat on a girl or anyone a third of your size no amount of guidance can save you. It is in your nature to be that way. Sure you can do better as a person going forward, but if he did this he's just a pos waiting to go off again.

I gst people can change for the better as they get older or if they committed a crime that wasnt intentionally directed at harming someone, but to take anger out on a much smaller person, let alone your spouse, is uncurable. At what point do you say no person can recover for the harm they inflicted? How far can a person go before you say they cant be helped?

Now if it's self defense that's a completely different argument.

jwitten82

Reaction score
If you beat on a girl or anyone a third of your size no amount of guidance can save you. It is in your nature to be that way. Sure you can do better as a person going forward, but if he did this he's just a pos waiting to go off again.

I gst people can change for the better as they get older or if they committed a crime that wasnt intentionally directed at harming someone, but to take anger out on a much smaller person, let alone your spouse, is uncurable. At what point do you say no person can recover for the harm they inflicted? How far can a person go before you say they cant be helped?

Now if it's self defense that's a completely different argument.
I disagree, what makes u think someone can't change? One of my friends I knew from middle school hit his gf once, he went to counseling, they been married 5 years and never had anything like that happen again. Crazy part is this guy was never violent, never been to jail and never even had a speeding ticket. So it was surprising to all of us. He was drunk that night, and he hit her once, not like this guy if the story is true, that's more than once

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This dude was not drafted due to his off the field incidents. One being in 2015 at USC where the police had to come shoot bean bags at him because he was drunk and getting violent. Punching holes in the wall and acting nuts.

He's a real piece of work.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I disagree, what makes u think someone can't change? One of my friends I knew from middle school hit his gf once, he went to counseling, they been married 5 years and never had anything like that happen again. Crazy part is this guy was never violent, never been to jail and never even had a speeding ticket. So it was surprising to all of us. He was drunk that night, and he hit her once, not like this guy if the story is true, that's more than once
I never said someone cant change.

John813

Reaction score
He admitted it. Glad they cut him.

If and big if he dies have some mental issue I hope he gets treatment but gets punishment for what he did

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
He admitted it. Glad they cut him.

If and big if he dies have some mental issue I hope he gets treatment but gets punishment for what he did
I believe I read he's bipolar and stopped taking his meds. Nonetheless, he needs to be severely punished.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NFL offensive lineman Chad Wheeler reportedly had to be detained by three Washington state police officers during his arrest for domestic violence against his girlfriend at her apartment.

Kent police officers struggled to subdue the 6-foot-7, 312-pound tackle whose job it was to throw around other men built like him, TMZ Sports reported Tuesday, citing police documents. The report said it took three officers to get Wheeler down.

One officer said in the incident report that Wheeler was "not easy to move," according to TMZ Sports.

"As the three of us (with a combined weight of about 700 pounds) were on top of Chad, I could feel him lifting his body up like he was pushing up to get away," an officer said.

"Chad, whose massive size took up the whole length and width of the bathroom floor, was able to lift his body about three to six inches temporarily with what appeared to be little effort from him."

Police reportedly described Wheeler as uncooperative and a Taser that was deployed had "little to no effect."

Chad Wheeler arrest details show officers' struggle to apprehend lineman: report | Fox News