Seeking story about Dallas having the best drafts in recent years

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hasn’t so far. I’d take their run over ours any century.
Of course. I would too. But for those thinking you can get away with sucking in the draft and still winning rings? It’s wishful thinking is all I’m saying. What works for the Pats works for no one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man, we've been thinking that for years. I thought that when he was going CB in subsequent drafts and not working out and then he learned, that would be one of the positions he would have to go above the line for and he has the best tandem in the league allowing him to make a B DL into an A one.

He's just different than all the others in his vision. Right now 31 GM's are looking at their teams and trying to figure out who's in and out for this season and he's already thinking about what he's going to do within this season and the off season. He anticipates the surprises better than anyone and has contingency plans. He's not perfect but he's the closest thing we've got to it in this era.
Bellicheat has shown he can overcompensate for poor drafts. Once he leaves I don’t think it’s going to be that simple for them to do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bellicheat has shown he can overcompensate for poor drafts. Once he leaves I don’t think it’s going to be that simple for them to do.
There's only one of him, no other HC is even close and he has that one thing most coaches crave and few have, control. That's why he picked NE over the Jets job. I think CLE left scars on him and hurt his pride and he vowed never again.

The one theory of him folding when Brady hangs it up, naaaah, I ain't buying that. People put too much about the QB on him and he's all about one thing, defense. I don't know if he's the best HC in NFL history but he is hands down the best D mind to ever be in the game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
And what do we have to show for it? 3 measly playoff wins in that 10-year period and no NFC’s or SB’s. Seems coaching might be an issue.
3 trips to the divisional round playoffs in the last 5 years. The second most wins in the NFL in the last 3 years. It’s not enough, I agree... but it isn’t terrible either.

Those drafts stocking the roster and making it among the most talented has put Dallas in position to contend.

kskboys

Reaction score
There was a mob suggesting that, which was my original point.

The reality was that things had gotten much more organized and were already performing better going back to the 2010 offseason. People just didn’t want to see it because they were scapegoating, like they always do.
I really pay almost no attention to the mob.

I'd say more around 2014. 13 was the Fredsy draft, but the incompetent nonsensical Esco pick was just too stupid.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
When you get a stud like Dak in the 4th round and Jaylon in the second who can argue?

The only big stain on the report card the last few years was the horrid pick of Soft Taco. And EVERYONE knew it when the pick came it that the guy was a dud.

And LVE last year was an incredible pick. Off the charts amazing.
The Soft Taco pick reminds me a lot of the Barbie Carpenter pick. They made you ask "why?!". Then again, no one really knew who LVE was either and that seems to have worked out amazingly well.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The Soft Taco pick reminds me a lot of the Barbie Carpenter pick. They made you ask "why?!". Then again, no one really knew who LVE was either and that seems to have worked out amazingly well.

I thought Taco was a Greg Ellis, a solid pick, same with LVE, i liked the pick but wow he is so much better

kskboys

Reaction score
When you cant be a winner, win at other things.

this doesnt help the FO. yes we are drafting and still not a credible constant winner. excellent, now tell me why.
Failure to form a winning blueprint and follow it. Weaknesses at DT and S keep derailing us.