Self Disciplined Zoners:

coult44

Reaction score
Anyone want to go way back in board history and play a game that will cost you your pride? Or at least make you put your money where your mouth is.

1)Bench Yourself for making statements that go completely opposite of your prediction.

2)Bet your signature for a week or two on if your outlandish thoughts come true or not. How much do you really believe what you’re saying? Enough to let me or another zoner control your sig for a while???

I took names this week but I’m going to be nice. Many of you should be ashamed and never cheer for the team again. Many were drinking all week because of how pathetic we played last week and should’ve never posted until sober. But many just have no clue about how the nfl works and should actually be banned officially!

Let’s do it!!!

nobody

Reaction score
Anyone want to go way back in board history and play a game that will cost you your pride? Or at least make you put your money where your mouth is.

1)Bench Yourself for making statements that go completely opposite of your prediction.

2)Bet your signature for a week or two on if your outlandish thoughts come true or not. How much do you really believe what you’re saying? Enough to let me or another zoner control your sig for a while???

I took names this week but I’m going to be nice.
Many of you should be ashamed and never cheer for the team again. Many were drinking all week because of how pathetic we played last week and should’ve never posted until sober. But many just have no clue about how the nfl works and should actually be banned officially!

Let’s do it!!!

No, you're not being nice. You're being incendiary and virtue signaling your fandom. Fans complaining about the performance of the team or how it's run doesn't violate site rules. People can be fans how they want to and there's not a thing you can do about it. It's childish to attack others because they act different than you do as a fan. People that do so are the ones that should be banned because they are often the ones that cause the most discord and strife on here.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, you're not being nice. You're being incendiary and virtue signaling your fandom. Fans complaining about the performance of the team or how it's run doesn't violate site rules. People can be fans how they want to and there's not a thing you can do about it. It's childish to attack others because they act different than you do as a fan. People that do so are the ones that should be banned because they are often the ones that cause the most discord and strife on here.
Very well said.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I took names this week but I’m going to be nice. Many of you should be ashamed and never cheer for the team again. Many were drinking all week because of how pathetic we played last week and should’ve never posted until sober. But many just have no clue about how the nfl works and should actually be banned officially!
This is a family forum. Both young, old, male & females are members. Many really don't care on how the NFL works. They're fans who kick back on a Sunday from the every day hassles of life to get some R&R while cheering for their favorite team. If that's a reason to be banned, the Zone wouldn't have any members, including yourself.

coult44

Reaction score

Look folks, someone who’s afraid to play with others. Someone who hides behind the “he attacked me” moniker and tries to use the I’m a victim style of manipulation. Do like the rest of us, read the thread and then laugh and move on. Nothing is that serious.

nobody

Reaction score
Look folks, someone who’s afraid to play with others. Someone who hides behind the “he attacked me” moniker and tries to use the I’m a victim style of manipulation. Do like the rest of us, read the thread and then laugh and move on. Nothing is that serious.

Look folks, someone who attacks the person and not the message because he's incapable of debating in reasonable discourse. *yawns*

coult44

Reaction score
Look folks, someone who attacks the person and not the message because he's incapable of debating in reasonable discourse. *yawns*

There’s NOTHING I won’t debate with you!!! Absolutely nothing!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
There’s NOTHING I won’t debate with you!!! Absolutely nothing!!!!
OK, let's debate this: Why do you feel this really weird need to go out of your way to insult other posters and call posters out for not exercising their fanhood exactly the same as you? Why is this so important to you?

coult44

Reaction score
OK, let's debate this: Why do you feel this really weird need to go out of your way to insult other posters and call posters out for not exercising their fanhood exactly the same as you? Why is this so important to you?

You can look at every post I’ve made here since 06/07 season. I can count on less than one hand the amount of times I’ve insulted others! ( Amber doesn’t count, it’s personal with him)
Nothing else really to say about that, no need to even defend myself as far as that’s concerned. It’s not what I do!!!

As to this thread. First, comprehension is a huge thing. I know some people have no idea how to live without looking for things to be offended about, BWTBS, this was really a post to stir up some of the old timers to do what we used to do here to settle arguments. That is, Put your signature at risk for a week or two for something you believe in. Lets see how much you really believe what your saying.

Look, there are FAR TOO MANY posts lately about how bad people think this team is. There were posts last week talking about tanking the rest of the season and getting a better draft position. After one dang week, against the GOAT. WTH does someone cheer for a team that they hope will lose? That is completely backwards and needs to be called out! Maybe you’re one of those with the “weird need” to do that. It’s comical!!! If that’s attacking you. Well, remember that comprehension word.

And all this coming from what we used to call a “realist” on this site! Go figure

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
There is a difference between hoping your team will lose and calling it like you see it.

I would say what is being interpreted as 'hoping the team will lose' is far more about reacting to the attacks the more pessimistic/realistic among us get from the more optimistic/hopeful among us. This would be a better place if we all just kept it about the football related opinions and stopped the sniping at posters who see things differently, which is essentially what this thread is about.

"Homer's, "Stans" and "Realists" are labels that have been used since I've been here. I don't remember all that many put up or shut up type bets in that time. I've probably seen more in the last couple seasons than the previous 15 and those are between just a few posters who have been here a fraction of that time.

There are very few sure things in sports and even the best and most experienced "experts" get it wrong quite often. Just go back and check the experts picks for Sunday's game for evidence of that.