Self-imposed deadline for a deal

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lawrence is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. He would have been the #1 overall pick in the last 2 drafts as well. Urban has already worked the kid out. Its a done deal. Lawrence ran a pro style offense but can run.
he has the biggest bust ratio right now I think. Not sure he fits his style.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I heard, yes. Its a mistake. He isnt built to run his offense. He likes to run his QB's alot. This is the NFL not Florida.Dak would fit this style better.

Lawrence is a better runner then Dak by quite a bit. He's a much better athlete then Dak.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Then again, I have Wilson rated higher than Lawrence. I think hes the better pro. WILSON,Lawrence, Jones, Lance, fields. In that order.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Urban isn't running the gator offense in j-ville. He is great at using the talent at his disposal. He could not conduct an air attack with Tebow so he adapted his offense to fit Tebow's skillset. Lawrence has played against the best and has proven himself. Has Wilson who's never seen a big time defense in college?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched every game he played that was televised, he can fit any style. He's a mobile lanky QB with a hell of an arm and something a lot of young QB's have to try and learn in the NFL, touch. First time I saw him play, I was shocked at how polished he was.

There are no sure things but he's as close to it as any QB since Luck and Manning.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I watched every game he played that was televised, he can fit any style. He's a mobile lanky QB with a hell of an arm and something a lot of young QB's have to try and learn in the NFL, touch. First time I saw him play, I was shocked at how polished he was.

There are no sure things but he's as close to it as any QB since Luck and Manning.
the lanky running part bothers me at the NFL LEVEL. Can he take the punishment?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But this isn't about Lawrence because he's gone. Probably Wilson and Fields as well.

This is about what you do if you don't acquiesce to Prescott's demands. And they should have already made their minds up about that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then again, I have Wilson rated higher than Lawrence. I think hes the better pro. WILSON,Lawrence, Jones, Lance, fields. In that order.

I think Zach Wilson has the most developed skill out of all these QB's. Lawrence has far more upside but Zach Wilson I think has developed his skill better than all these QB's so far and he has great arm talent and above average mobility.

Zach Wilson in Dallas would be exciting. Playing in a dome with the WR's we have and his playmaking ability? Wow.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the lanky running part bothers me at the NFL LEVEL. Can he take the punishment?
He got blasted in the ACC and playoffs and he was OK. He's a good enough runner to bother a DC about him getting loose, a lot like Burrow in that regard.

Lamar Jackson is lanky.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so hes the next Aikman or Manning? WOW...thats very high praise.

I don't know how he develops as a Pro but he has no weakness physically.

The only thing to judge him on now would be at the NFL level but coming into the Pro's he's as good of a prospect as anyone that's ever came into the league.

Now we need to see how quick he makes reads and goes through his progressions at a higher level.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@CouchCoach You fail to see one gigantic flaw in your reasoning. Tag Dak and he immediately signs it. Why? Because no team will offer him more than $37M for 2021. No team is offering Dak jack squat until he can pass a vigorous physical. Dak is not passing a physical before the draft in my opinion. You can’t rescind the cap once a player signs it.

If Dak were to sign the $37M tag, What do you do if he can’t play at all or begins the season on PUP? After signing the tag, Dak doesn’t have to do jack squat in negotiations. He can just wait until next year. Your deadlines mean nothing to Dak.

Let him test the market and come back with his best offer which will be nothing. Teams aren’t spending $200M on an above average QB who had a horrific injury and can’t even run 5 months later.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Zach Wilson has the most developed skill out of all these QB's. Lawrence has far more upside but Zach Wilson I think has developed his skill better than all these QB's so far and he has great arm talent and above average mobility.

Zach Wilson in Dallas would be exciting. Playing in a dome with the WR's we have and his playmaking ability? Wow.
They'd have to go up to 2 to get him. Jets want Prescott, Lamb and the 10 pick?

If they decide they're keeping Darnold, the competition to move up to get Wilson is going to be furious. You get a young QB that gets name connected with Mahomes like he does, sharks are in the water.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He got blasted in the ACC and playoffs and he was OK. He's a good enough runner to bother a DC about him getting loose, a lot like Burrow in that regard.

Lamar Jackson is lanky.

He's 6'6 225 at the age of 21. Being a little lanky and wirery isn't a problem at all imo.