Selling all my season tickets for profit this year

erod

Reaction score
Who was the last major free agent the Cowboys brought in?

Was it Terrell Owens? Over a decade ago?

Earl Thomas was the exact player needed to fortify the back end of this defense for next season.

Next season is already over, and it's only March. And sadly, they don't even care.

I'll be selling ALL of my season tickets this year, to opposing fans most likely, on the internet.

At least I'll make money, too.

The Joneses seem intent on preparing for an impending strike two years from now. As if they want to suck as much money out of this thing before it all implodes.

So I'll do the same.

I'll be watching a lot of Cleveland Browns football this year. Never thought I'd type that.

This is going to be a long, boring season. Not a stitch of excitement about it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Nothing they've done surprises me. The FO wants the Cowboys to be relevant. That's why they traded for Cooper. Can't have the Cowboys really bad. On the other hand they aren't interested in doing things that will make the Cowboys champions. They make money either way.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m frustrated by their lack of urgency in free agency too. I really am angry about it. I thought they needed to be aggressive this year and clearly they aren’t going to be.

That being said, season is over already? Watching the Browns instead?

Come on man.
He'll be watching whatever game Romo calls, then he will come back here and post thread about how wonderful Romo is

erod

Reaction score
Nothing they've done surprises me. The FO wants the Cowboys to be relevant. That's why they traded for Cooper. Can't have the Cowboys really bad. On the other hand they aren't interested in doing things that will make the Cowboys champions. They make money either way.
They have no interest in being a legitimate football operation that makes decisions based on smart football maneuvers.

They are a fantasy football family only interested in winning as long as they get to play "football people" in the process.

Otherwise, it's about boats and cameras and celebrity and headlines for the sake of headlines.

Run ultimately by a drunken, womanizing hillbilly and a son who's trying to get dibs on the family fortune purse strings.

It's embarrassing.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I’m frustrated by their lack of urgency in free agency too. I really am angry about it. I thought they needed to be aggressive this year and clearly they aren’t going to be.

That being said, season is over already? Watching the Browns instead?

Come on man.

Here's the thing. The Ravens gave him 32 mil guaranteed. He's battled injuries the last 3 years. If he still has injury problems, they can't move on from him for a couple years without a hit to the cap. It's a high risk high reward signing. Besides, X Woods ain't our weak link.

erod

Reaction score
Here's the thing. The Ravens gave him 32 mil guaranteed. He's battled injuries the last 3 years. If he still has injury problems, they can't move on from him for a couple years without a hit to the cap. It's a high risk high reward signing. Besides, X Woods ain't our weak link.
The cap is a myth. You can sign whomever you want whenever you want by just moving money around.

The cap doubles every few years anyway. Another CBA is coming that will change it further.

The cap is a convenient excuse for owners to look trapped when they never are.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be selling ALL of my season tickets this year, to opposing fans most likely, on the internet.
No problem. When Los Angeles visits do not reply to other CowboysZone members commenting about all the opposing fans they see invading the stadium with, "That is NOT a Rams fan in my seat! That is not a RAMS fan in my seat! THAT is not a Rams fan in my seat!"

Cock-a-doodle-doo!

aria

Reaction score
I think they should have got ET as well and I do believe he would have made this defense significantly better but..........if he gets hurt or doesn’t play well in Baltimore then a lot of people will talk about how smart Jerry is, how they’re glad we didn’t over pay for him, etc.

On the other hand, if he plays well and stays injury free then it will be the same bashing of the FO. Personally, I wish we had him, no one can tell the future and that’s a risk we would have to take to step up our secondary.

erod

Reaction score
I think they should have got ET as well and I do believe he would have made this defense significantly better but..........if he gets hurt or doesn’t play well in Baltimore then a lot of people will talk about how smart Jerry is, how they’re glad we didn’t over pay for him, etc.

On the other hand, if he plays well and stays injury free then it will be the same bashing of the FO. Personally, I wish we had him, no one can tell the future and that’s a risk we would have to take to step up our secondary.
Kevon Frazier was hurt last year. So was Woods. Heath gets hurt. They all get hurt.

Jerry just wants cheap players to get hurt.