Senior-bowl-prospect-risers-and-fallers-at-each-position

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by bodi, Jan 23, 2020.

1. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

5,009 Messages
    2,520 Likes Received
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/senior-bowl-prospect-risers-and-fallers-at-each-position

SAFETIES
    Riser: Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois

Jeremy Chinn came into Mobile as one of my biggest sleepers in the 2020 draft, and sure enough, his name is now on everyone's radar. At 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, Chinn has played everything from cornerback to weakside linebacker. His position flexibility to do multiple things as a space defender in coverage is incredibly valuable. You just don't see physical marvels his size with that kind of fluidity and explosive movement skills. Chinn was the most impressive-looking player at the weigh-in Monday, and he followed that up with excellent performances at practice.

Who fell: Terrell Burgess, Utah

The weigh-in, however, was not kind to Utah hybrid defensive back Terrell Burgess. He checked in at 5-foot-11 and 196 pounds, well below some team thresholds at the safety position. Those measurements signal a change to cornerback for Burgess, and his man coverage reps this week in practice were unimpressive. He doesn't look comfortable playing press at the line of scrimmage, and he is a step late reading routes in off man coverage. The appeal to Burgess early on in the process was his position flexibility, but I think it's starting to look like he is a nickel only at the next level.

dogberry likes this.
  2. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

12,625 Messages
    18,128 Likes Received
    I think Justin Hebert is not dissimilar to Josh Allen, but with Allen being a slightly better athlete and Hebert being a much better passer at this point.

3. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

14,301 Messages
    11,846 Likes Received
    Garrimore has been impressive

4. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Well-Known Member

6,173 Messages
    6,141 Likes Received
  5. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

39,623 Messages
    57,919 Likes Received
    I really like Gallimore.

Pride is an interesting kid. He was up and down at times at ND but he's got skills. And ND CBs, typically, are not afraid to tackle. I saw one mock that had him going high in the 2nd round. That might be a bit rich.

conner01 likes this.
  6. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

4,405 Messages
    2,299 Likes Received
    Safety Kyle Duggar

7. HellCrowe

HellCrowe Well-Known Member

997 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    Harrison Bryant again