Serious question about Stephen

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mannix, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

24,383 Messages
    22,607 Likes Received
    [​IMG]Jerry and Stevie. Neither is a savory option at this point. Its like choosing between a crap sandwich with all the fixins or a Crap sandwich dry. The 1 thing that may save us is Will McClay...in spite of THEM.

2. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

5,677 Messages
    6,305 Likes Received
    I don't know if Stephen is smart or stupid, but I know he doesn't care about winning a Super Bowl.

3. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

5,862 Messages
    7,888 Likes Received
    That's the very definition of a dysfunctional organization.

4. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

5,862 Messages
    7,888 Likes Received
    Nice. Simple and to the point.

5. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    22,126 Messages
    27,157 Likes Received
    When it comes to contract negotiating, both Jerry and Stephen are the worst pair possible to handle that endeavor. Add to that the problem that their talent evaluating abilities forever linger at rock-bottom level. If it weren't for Will McClay handling talent evaluation, it'd be pure disaster. Jerry as a GM is more of a joke than a credible fact. To top it off, Stephen is even worse. Sorry to say so, but calling it devastating might well be an understatement. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    maryquality and fivetwos like this.
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

41,735 Messages
    16,598 Likes Received
    Stephan sees this as a business and will do anything to keep cost down ....... They have never had to worry about profits because the Cowboys cannot lose money because of its incomparable fan base ........... He knows that profits will keep going up no matter what.

Paying to win is someone else's obsession ....... Making money is his.

Mannix, maryquality and Bullflop like this.
  7. Scotman

Scotman Well-Known Member

3,693 Messages
    4,712 Likes Received
    When Jerry finally retires, is there any chance that Stephen steps back and hires McClay or someone else as a real GM? Any chance? Like, just a tiny little chance? Please?

8. DonaldM

DonaldM Well-Known Member

1,024 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    Bfd. My dad is a chemical engineer. And he would suck running a pro football team. He can do algebra but can't pick up hot girls like Jethro.

Techsass likes this.
  9. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

25,568 Messages
    27,931 Likes Received
    If that's the case, then, when he's owner, I hope he will get top of the line coaches, let the coaches be GM, and stay out of their way.

Techsass and Motorola like this.
  10. X550i

X550i Well-Known Member

557 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    It’s a SJ conservative trait that is inherent. Ok to have some in your organization but not the the top guy.

Companies that grow and win are when the CEO is sales and growth focused. They are innovative, visionary, charismatic, and risk takers.

Companies that plateau, yet still profitability, but will never be the dominant in their field are run by CFO’s like SJ.

The SJ of the world should never be CEO if they want to be number one in their industry.

People like Steve Jobs were never penny pinchers.

maryquality and Typhus like this.
  11. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

7,455 Messages
    5,763 Likes Received
    Chemical Engineering is the hard engineering. Organic Chemistry was a weed out class for those guys so he's definitely smart. I like that an analytical approach but it requires good information. They seem to have a pretty good group in that regard.

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  12. FiveSuperBowls

FiveSuperBowls Well-Known Member

2,435 Messages
    2,065 Likes Received
    Yes, but there is a reason Stephen majored in Chemical Engineering, they are in high demand in the oil and gas industry, so, he was raised to run the family business, but has stumbled into football, just like daddy.

X550i likes this.
  13. nyc-cowboy

nyc-cowboy Well-Known Member

5,669 Messages
    6,241 Likes Received
    Well thats make 2 horrible choices Jerry has made for GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

Rich insecure men and their egos...sad...

14. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

7,455 Messages
    5,763 Likes Received
    Engineers are pretty good at figuring things out, they know how to learn.

15. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    And all of that on the offensive side is Moore's fault.

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  16. SinceDayOne

SinceDayOne Active Member

146 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Who knows what is going on in Jerry's and Steve's minds? Their football management approach changes and evolves I am sure. Sometime from season to season. Other times even more often; sometimes less often. But I do know what they have tried for almost the past three decades has not worked. I call them the blind "football hogs" searching for that one lone acorn. It sure seems that way to me.

17. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

8,867 Messages
    14,414 Likes Received
    A conservative would have made smarter decisions

18. DonaldM

DonaldM Well-Known Member

1,024 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    We need more translators. I can't understand Russian or the translation. Like Mike Tyson is the translator. Sheesh

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  19. d_cowboy31

d_cowboy31 Well-Known Member

155 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    I would definitely argue this lol

20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

58,797 Messages
    22,971 Likes Received
    2 things.

1. He's not a risk taker at any level in football.
    2. He doesn't know what it takes to build a winning franchise - I.E., a QB/Excellent coach. If he knew how, he'd have drafted a 1st round QB long ago, and went out and hired the best coach on the market.

morat1959 likes this.