Serious question on Jim Fassel

Whyjerry

Reaction score
RIP Jim. Too young.

Does anyone know why the league wouldn’t give Fassel another chance. He had some success. What was it?

I ask because so many retread coaches never stop getting chances.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
RIP Jim. Too young.

Does anyone know why the league wouldn’t give Fassel another chance. He had some success. What was it?

I do not know. I will say that I'd have liked him better than Wade Phillips as HC. He'd have been a logical hire after Parcells retired.

John813

Reaction score
I read he was the lead guy for the Commanders the year he resigned from the Giants but then Gibbs came out of retirement and well Snyder couldn't turn down that fan appeal with Joe coming back

Pape

Reaction score
RIP Jim. Too young.

reading a thread on bbi, he apparently ticked off wellington mara... who torpedoed a shot at the buffalo job for fassel...tick off an nfl power broker like mara, makes it tough to get another job ... can't say for certain this was a reason, but it makes sense

Whyjerry

Reaction score
reading a thread on bbi, he apparently ticked off wellington mara... who torpedoed a shot at the buffalo job for fassel...tick off an nfl power broker like mara, makes it tough to get another job ... can't say for certain this was a reason, but it makes sense
Thanks for this. It had to be something like that.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
RIP Jim. Too young.

Sad news about his passing at 71, too young