Seriously, if they cut Zeke and kept Malik Davis, I'd be fine with it

nathanlt

Reaction score
If the financial side of things weren't so consequential, I'd be happy with Pollard and Malik Davis, because Davis has shown quite a bit during the preseason. To say that Rico Dowdle somehow beat out Davis, is pure lunacy.

Zeke is a shell of his former self, and although he might have a series of good games this year, Davis will make the Cowboys regret this if he doesn't somehow make it through the shuffle and gets back on the roster. I can't believe that 31 other teams are unaware of Davis' talent.

Disappointed is an understatement. I'm not saying this to tick people off, but it probably will.

Loso86

Reaction score
If the financial side of things weren't so consequential, I'd be happy with Pollard and Malik Davis, because Davis has shown quite a bit during the preseason. To say that Rico Dowdle somehow beat out Davis, is pure lunacy.

Zeke is a shell of his former self, and although he might have a series of good games this year, Davis will make the Cowboys regret this if he doesn't somehow make it through the shuffle and gets back on the roster. I can't believe that 31 other teams are unaware of Davis' talent.

Disappointed is an understatement.
Good for you, only for half our fans to complain about our cap space

JBS

Reaction score
You must not be familiar with how things work around here

they couldn’t even cut T. Hill

you think they can cut Zeke? Lololol

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Eesh, I’m not big on Zeke but this is a bad take, my dude.

First of all, Malik Davis wasn’t clear cut better over Dowdle and Dowdle isn’t gonna beat out Zeke.

Malik Davis has the potential to be a starter, I believe that, but he’s not a better option than Zeke regardless of the contract.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Eesh, I’m not big on Zeke but this is a bad take, my dude.

First of all, Malik Davis wasn’t clear cut better over Dowdle and Dowdle isn’t gonna beat out Zeke.

Malik Davis has the potential to be a starter, I believe that, but he’s not a better option than Zeke regardless of the contract.

I'm saying this, because Rico Dowdle is a known quantity, but he has a known ceiling, too. Malik Davis will crush that ceiling, eventually. For financial considerations, it is a non-starter to cut Zeke, I know that. I bring it up because Davis, with his potential, is so much better than Dowdle.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Disappointed is an understatement. I'm not saying this to tick people off, but it probably will.
Zekes cap hit would be astronomical
But I do like Davis and hope we can pick him up.
GO GATORS!!!!

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm saying this, because Rico Dowdle is a known quantity, but he has a known ceiling, too. Malik Davis will crush that ceiling, eventually. For financial considerations, it is a non-starter to cut Zeke, I know that. I bring it up because Davis, with his potential, is so much better than Dowdle.

How does Dowdle have a known ceiling and Davis doesn’t? That makes zero sense.

Neither has had feature back opportunities. They’ve literally both had the exact same situation. If anything, the fact they’ve carried Dowdle for multiple seasons knowing fare well he won’t start or be the primary back up tells you all you need to know.

Davis may flash more potential, but there’s a good chance he’s flashed a lower floor to the coaches, too.

For a third string guy, you want someone you can trust. Dowdle is that guy. But, he’s still far from a “known” commodity.

Cumart21

Reaction score
Davis-caliber guys are all over the place. I like him too but let's not get crazy.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

:hammer:....
Should have moved on from Elliott...
But he sells jerseys....which is all Jerry cares about.

Mistake cutting Davis....kid has some juice.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Seriously, if you had not posted this, I'd be fine with that.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This goes along with the Dinucci or Grier starting in front of Dak threads. Just call the team the Dallas Fanboys.

Mannix

Reaction score

They get their Pets (Noah Brown/Copper Rush) and nobody else has a prayer....it is really PATHETIC just how adverse they are to churning a roster. It honestly appears that they are scared to take any risks at all.....Brandon Carr for example, scarred them for life far as doing ANYTHING major in Free Agency.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If we have some good blocking Elliot will shock some doubters. The others…. Not hit a real game yet. Except Dowdle that’s been here for going on 3rd year. 7 attempts for 24 yards.

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Talent wise yes. Salary cap wise no.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Davis didn't make this squad because he had an underwhelming preseason finale. Not the least bit surprised. With that said I hope he ends back on the practice squad as he showed upside.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Zeke’s situation will be interesting. He is going to have to restructure next year or leave. Either way, he will take a pay cut. What Zeke does will likely have an influence on how Dak handles his next contract.