Sham: 'A lot of folks' think Alabama's Mark Barron can step in and play for Cowboys

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
In the last five years, we've used first rounders on Spencer, Felix, Jenkins, Roy, Dez, and Tyron. So that's four out of six on offense.

But we're spending all of our firsts on defense? How the offense getting neglected again?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4502290 said:
900+ yards and 9 TDs? even if he never improves I'd say he's one of the better #2 WRs or possibly a low end #1.

29th in the NFL in receiving yards and 38th in the NFL in receptions? I would put that in the WR2 category. He's sandwhiched around guys like Pierre Garcon and Malcolm Floyd, and I don't consider them to be #1 WRs. Especially for a team with 570 pass attempts and #1 WR that was injured or hampered the entire year, Dez had ample opportunity to rack up Top 20 accumulative numbers.

No doubt he's a major weapon in the red zone. The Cowboys throw a lot in the red zone too (5th in the NFL in passing TDs), which is one of the biggest reasons we have so few rushing TDs. Why run the ball into the teeth of 9 man goalline front when Dez is almost automatic on a pylon fade?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4502495 said:
29th in the NFL in receiving yards and 38th in the NFL in receptions? I would put that in the WR2 category. He's sandwhiched around guys like Pierre Garcon and Malcolm Floyd, and I don't consider them to be #1 WRs. Especially for a team with 570 pass attempts and #1 WR that was injured or hampered the entire year, Dez had ample opportunity to rack up Top 20 accumulative numbers.

No doubt he's a major weapon in the red zone. The Cowboys throw a lot in the red zone too (5th in the NFL in passing TDs), which is one of the biggest reasons we have so few rushing TDs. Why run the ball into the teeth of 9 man goalline front when Dez is almost automatic on a pylon fade?

and I'd argue that Garcon and Floyd are more than adequate #2s. overall I do agree with your point, just think u went a tad too far

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4502232 said:
This whole discussion is ********.
:laugh2:

Some of the stuff I'm reading is making my head hurt.

This team has so many holes that there's really no point in arguing what position we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round. As long as we're getting guys that can help this team immediately.

Noryb

Reaction score
Hostile;4502332 said:
Oh, so you're plan is that a team has to be unbeatable or it simply isn't good enough.

See, I'm dealing in the real world where on a given day a Giants team that was not better than those 2 teams can beat them. I thought the goal is to build a team. New England and Green Bay and the Giants have done that by...wait for it...focusing on one side of the Line of Scrimmage and making it as dominant as they can.

Funny, that's my plan. We are closer to that on Offense than we are on Defense.

I didn't look at the other teams but the year the Packers won the SB they were....

2nd in sacks
2nd in ints
2nd in pts allowed
5th in passing yds allowed
5th in total yds allowed

They surely weren't dominate on just one side of the ball.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Sarge;4502678 said:
You like Barron?

I think he would be an immediate starter for us and would be fine with the selection.

He's not my first option at 14 but let's not act like he can't play or have an impact on our D.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dash28;4502715 said:
You like Barron?

I think he would be an immediate starter for us and would be fine with the selection.

He's not my first option at 14 but let's not act like he can't play or have an impact on our D.

I do and I think he'll be our pick. .02