Video: Shannon Sharpe: "Dak Prescott is a better QB now than as a rookie"

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Moderator Edit: Required quoted source missing/video inserted/view video at 19:51 mark

His words quoted: "His team record might indicate otherwise. THE TEAM. But Dak Prescott is a better player now than he was as a rookie."

I would show the video, but it's 20 minutes long and some people probably don't wanna watch the whole thing. But it was from May 12, 2020..... so only 10 days ago. Seems this dude changes his tune on Dak a lot, but at the very least he seems to value Dak's potential. I guess this answers the question some people here are thinking that Dak is declining or maxing out. A lot better things are yet to come for Dak.

Last edited by a moderator:

plasticman

Reaction score
Dak is a better quarterback today then he was when he was a rookie? Is that considered an eloquent, intellectual statement today?

So....when a rookie gains more experience, they become better? Tell me, Shannon, is this connected in any way to the fact that players generally get better contracts after their rookie contract expires?

Does this mean that coaching is a good thing? Quarterbacks actually learn?

They should make some kind of inspirational wall art with a pretty picture and Shannon's genius observations printed on them.

Shannon, are faster receivers a good thing?

Nav22

Reaction score
The Anti-Dak and Anti-Cowboy media are also very Pro- Pay Dak.

They just like seeing the team lose on and off the field.
40-24 with very good stats and a playoff win.

I know it hurts.
:laugh:

“DURRRR BUT DAT’S CUZ DAK WAS CHEAP!!” - Go look up where Dallas ranked in total payroll the last few years.

Educate yourself so you’re not just spouting nonsense. FACTS are your friend.

nobody

Reaction score
Dak is a better quarterback today then he was when he was a rookie? Is that considered an eloquent, intellectual statement today?

So....when a rookie gains more experience, they become better? Tell me, Shannon, is this connected in any way to the fact that players generally get better contracts after their rookie contract expires?

Does this mean that coaching is a good thing? Quarterbacks actually learn?

They should make some kind of inspirational wall art with a pretty picture and Shannon's genius observations printed on them.

Shannon, are faster receivers a good thing?

I also hear that kickers with two legs are better than kickers with only one leg.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
2016 - 13-3
2017 - 9-7
2018 - 10-6
2019 - 8-8

Looks more like he has regressed from his rookie season in my opinion. Oh wait, I keep forgetting we're only putting him on a pedestal for his personal stats, not for anything he has done for the team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2016 - 13-3
2017 - 9-7
2018 - 10-6
2019 - 8-8

Looks more like he has regressed from his rookie season in my opinion. Oh wait, I keep forgetting we're only putting him on a pedestal for his personal stats, not for anything he has done for the team.

Yeah but he also had a clapping problem on the sidelines. Jerry took care of that, and gave him some M&M's. You can't go wrong with M&M's. :D
:muttley:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sounds like Shannon Sharp is vying for a gig to replace Captain Obvious. Seems fair to say that Dak is better than average but how much so remains to be seen in the months ahead. Needless to say, there's likely a good chance he'll be signed, judging from the comments by the Cowboys FO. Whether he proves himself worthy of top notch money is yet another issue, however. We'll see.

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His words quoted: "His team record might indicate otherwise. THE TEAM. But Dak Prescott is a better player now than he was as a rookie."

I would show the video, but it's 20 minutes long and some people probably don't wanna watch the whole thing. But it was from May 12, 2020..... so only 10 days ago. Seems this dude changes his tune on Dak a lot, but at the very least he seems to value Dak's potential. I guess this answers the question some people here are thinking that Dak is declining or maxing out. A lot better things are yet to come for Dak.
Well lord I would hope most players are.

HungryLion

Reaction score
2016 - 13-3
2017 - 9-7
2018 - 10-6
2019 - 8-8

My god the stupidity never ends

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
2016 - 13-3
2017 - 9-7
2018 - 10-6
2019 - 8-8

Dak has improved since he was a rookie, he has gone from a top 17-20 QB in the league to a top 14-16 QB in the league...and that only took 4 years!!. We can do better than a 14-16 QB who wants 35-40M per season

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak slobberers really struggling today with their daily Dak spam. You should have let America’s Cowboy handle it today. He would have scoured Twitter and found a stat saying Dak was the leading passer in night games played with winds in excess of 8MPH...

:laugh: