Video: Shannon Sharpe: "Dak Prescott is a better QB now than as a rookie"

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Our conversation has gone full circle. This is when I jumped in to say, "How many times do you need to hear it? Winning is a team stat."

5 bucks are hardly worth betting over. That's tantamount to just bragging rights and the loser eating crow. If that's all you can afford to lose then I don't want your money. Let's just agree this is over bragging rights. I'll even give you a game by saying the Cowboys will have a winning season.

It's an easy 5 bucks if you don't want it tell you what take the bet and if you win i will donate it to whatever charity you want. I figure a guy like you would want bragging rights anyway, but if your scared i understand

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's an easy 5 bucks if you don't want it tell you what take the bet and if you win i will donate it to whatever charity you want. I figure a guy like you would want bragging rights anyway, but if your scared i understand
Provided we have a full 16 game regular season, I take 9-7 or better and bragging rights. You get the same bragging rights for 8-8 or less. This is the deal. Agreed?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Provided we have a full 16 game regular season, I take 9-7 or better and bragging rights. You get the same bragging rights for 8-8 or less. This is the deal. Agreed?

Absolutely, if i win i will donate the $5 to whatever charity you would like me to. Good luck. Should be fun!

johneric8

Reaction score
Here is truth.. There are too many whiny arseholes with nothing better to do that sit around and worry and cry about Dak and his contract.. Get a life a say! The guy is going to get signed to a huge contract in the next few months and he deserves it end of story! Is he the best ever? No, but a great QB and even better man.. Dak will get paid, he is very very good, and get over it...

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Here is truth.. There are too many whiny arseholes with nothing better to do that sit around and worry and cry about Dak and his contract.. Get a life a say! The guy is going to get signed to a huge contract in the next few months and he deserves it end of story! Is he the best ever? No, but a great QB and even better man.. Dak will get paid, he is very very good, and get over it...

Says the guy / whiney arsehole with nothing better to do than to sit around and cry and complain about the guys who complain about Dak...exactly what is the difference? To use your own words...Get a life a say!

johneric8

Reaction score
Says the guy / whiney arsehole with nothing better to do than to sit around and cry and complain about the guys who complain about Dak...exactly what is the difference? To use your own words...Get a life a say!

I agree with you, but here is the thing.. If you take the whole thing at face value, it's really beyond ridiculous for anyone to wrap themselves up in a football contract situation.. The amount of energy that people are putting into it is not a good look. This is out of everyone's control, Dak will get signed, and Dak is a very good player... These are two certain facts.. Sure it's okay to discuss but to get sucked in and obsess seems a bit unhealthy. You asked about the difference... Well, let me just say that I don't obsess over any of it, but I do believe I'm 100% correct in my assessment that some of you guys are taking this to a drama filled space that is only creating unnecessary fires. I will also admit that after it goes on and on it is a bit unsettling that a guy whom has worked as hard as he has for this organizational and carried himself like a true gent gets this kind of hate. I will agree that I'm getting a bit over protective of a guy that I feel deserves much better. Tv personalities like Cowherd know his tirades work on the hater crowd and gets clicks that is why he does it, but yet so many fall for it.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree with you, but here is the thing.. If you take the whole thing at face value, it's really beyond ridiculous for anyone to wrap themselves up in a football contract situation.. The amount of energy that people are putting into it is not a good look. This is out of everyone's control, Dak will get signed, and Dak is a very good player... These are two certain facts.. Sure it's okay to discuss but to get sucked in and obsess seems a bit unhealthy. You asked about the difference... Well, let me just say that I don't obsess over any of it, but I do believe I'm 100% correct in my assessment that some of you guys are taking this to a drama filled space that is only creating unnecessary fires. I will also admit that after it goes on and on it is a bit unsettling that a guy whom has worked as hard as he has for this organizational and carried himself like a true gent gets this kind of hate. I will agree that I'm getting a bit over protective of a guy that I feel deserves much better. Tv personalities like Cowherd know his tirades work on the hater crowd and gets clicks that is why he does it, but yet so many fall for it.

I understand but to come in and complain about guys who are complaing...well c'mon you know what i mean. Everyone is entitled to their opinions whether you agree with them or not

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes for sure, those losses were the ones Dak also played safety and corner and got burnt on go routes....yep, he played all 22 positions....child please
Bet your were ripping tony when we put up ..... what, 49 and lost to Denver because we needed to score 55? But with dak, you say he can’t play other positions.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Posting , discussing daks contract is a waste of energy... but discussing play calling, who we drafted, who the coach is.... all of that is time well spent?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Moderator Edit: Required quoted source missing/video inserted/view video at 19:51 mark

His words quoted: "His team record might indicate otherwise. THE TEAM. But Dak Prescott is a better player now than he was as a rookie."

I would show the video, but it's 20 minutes long and some people probably don't wanna watch the whole thing. But it was from May 12, 2020..... so only 10 days ago. Seems this dude changes his tune on Dak a lot, but at the very least he seems to value Dak's potential. I guess this answers the question some people here are thinking that Dak is declining or maxing out. A lot better things are yet to come for Dak.

This Sharpe dude is nothing but fake.

He is a name player setup as an authority to counter Skips drivel.

He is a joke.

His glasses aren't even real. They are clear glass. How can you tell?

When you look at his eyes, there is no distortion or magnification like true prescription glasses do.

Strictly cosmetic. As a pro photog, I can spot this little niggle easily with him.

I bet he practices his eye roll every morning in the mirror before coming on camera.

Watch Skip when he answers him..he gets politely indignant he has to play along with that clown.

What a joke they both are. Both of them live in big fancy homes in LA and Skip owns his and Sharpe rents.

Shannon says he won't buy becuz real estate is too expensive. Right Shannon.

You are just worried you maybe fired anyday. And you should.

:omg:

plasticman

Reaction score
…..and there are many that look good rookie year, pre-season, year 2 or 3....and out the league by the 4th year.
Not that many.....fractional compared to QB's with good rookie seasons that go on to impressive careers.

Let's take a look at Dak's fellow successful rookies, shall we? First let's set the criteria for successful rookie season.

Their team won 10+ games that season.....because that's what "successful" is, isn't it?

They scored well in their passer rating ,meaning that they were indeed a contributor to their team's success.

They were healthy all season long,meaning that they started every game......you cannot credit another QB for the team's success.

I think we should also look at 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives to further determine their impact on that winning season.

So this is the entire list of QB's since 1990, 30 years, that started all their rookie games, 300+ pass attempts, 10+ wins, ranked by passer rating.

1 Dak Prescott
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Andrew Luck

One thing we might notice is that the list is small. Successful rookie quarterbacks are an extreme rarity. Typically, good ones will have a moderately impressive passer rating but with very little winning. These are the QB's in their rookie season whose team had two digit wins, while they ranked high in QB stats that season without detrimenting their team with an injury and missed playing time.

A 2nd thing you will notice is that Dak isn't just "in" the group, he actually leads it.

A 3rd thing is that we can all recognize these names and quickly conclude that none of them were "unsuccessful" later in their careers. Also, Only Dak And Wilson were not 1st round picks.

A 4th thing, most importantly, 3 of these 5 went on to play in the Super Bowl, a good sign for Dak since these are the QB's most similar to Dak's circumstances.

We can quickly conclude that QB's with the same level of Dak's productivity under the same parameters go on to long and very successful careers.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak slobberers really struggling today with their daily Dak spam. You should have let America’s Cowboy handle it today. He would have scoured Twitter and found a stat saying Dak was the leading passer in night games played with winds in excess of 8MPH...
Just like Ezekiel Elliott is somehow better in the eyes of some Cowboys fans than Emmitt Smith.

InTheZone

Reaction score
the fact that anyone mentions this after 4 years speaks volumes for the validity of his actual progression

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The two are not mutually exclusive. There are plenty of times that the defense didn't help out, and there are plenty more times the QB shrank from the tasks at hand. Choke city.
Lol yeh ok. Who was the most valuable player on the team last season? Who played better than anyone else? Ill give you the answer it was dak

erod

Reaction score
Lol yeh ok. Who was the most valuable player on the team last season? Who played better than anyone else? Ill give you the answer it was dak
Subtract the two Giants games, the two Commanders games, the Dolphins game, and everything after the 31-3 deficit against Green Bay.....and he was garbage in pretty much all the other 10 games.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Subtract the two Giants games, the two Commanders games, the Dolphins game, and everything after the 31-3 deficit against Green Bay.....and he was garbage in pretty much all the other 10 games.
Who played better than dak last year?

plasticman

Reaction score
You know....I'm getting really tired of pulling up all this information every time I'm being challenged to prove Dak is a great quarterback with the potential for many years of being good enough to win a Super Bowl. It's not that it's difficult, It's actually really easy It's just that it is so time consuming.

There are so many stats that support him so it really takes hours to gather the information. I'm just going to have to put it all in one place so I can just dump it all in a mile long rebuttel to any anti-Dak thread. I hope a 32 GB drive will be big enough to hold the files I have that conclusively demonstrate Dak's future potential.

That is the tremendous advantage of the anti-Daks. They don't have to invest a lot of time collecting their proof and evidence.....they don't have any..

They have the convenient luxury of basing their opinions on the 6 plays they remember from last season, or maybe an opinion they thought they heard from somewhere. Quite often, their opinion is based on an entirely distorted set of expectations or even some wierd, obsessive issue like Dak going to some party.

I think some just blame Dak for four years of humiliation because they were that anti-Dak self appointed expert with post after post warning everyone that this was the Cowboys worst draft pick ever, Dak won't even make it out of trtaining camp. If only the Cowboys had heeded his advice and moved up in the draft to selected Paxton Lynch.

I don't know. I guess it's possible that Dak closely resembles the guy currently banging their ex. That would be rough on Sundays.

They resent Dak's success in his rookie season because it ruined Tony Romo's magical happy ending?

We really don't know because they never tell us. Pretty much all they give us is some crude insulting phrase with no clue as to how they reached their "logical" conclusion.

Still, they are Cowboy fans like me, so no personal animosity, just confusion. I know anti-Daks love their Cowboys and share the annual disappointment of being one of the "other" 31 teams. This is especially true considering some of the ways the Cowboys exit the season.I get that. I would just love a rational, logical, and common sense reason why you wouldn't want to keep the QB with historically top five productivity in the first four seasons of a QB's career. Why wouldn't you want to pay a guy who will have earned the contract if he only repeats what he has already done at this point added to some playoff success.

Considering the perceived upgrades in coaching and teammates as well as another years of experience and training, What has he done to demonstrate that he can't make that happen?