Share your Thanksgiving tradition and Dallas memory

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Hey everyone, share your Thanksgiving tradition.

When I was a child during the 70s, my 10 Aunts and Uncles and 30 cousins would gather at my Grandfather’s old plantation. The women would stay inside cooking and the men would stay outside doing a little work and sipping whiskey. All the kids would play hid-n-seek, eat, then watch the Cowboys game. Then at halftime, we would all go outside and play football. I would always pretend to be Staubach, Waters and/or Randy White. Great fun. My dad was a big part of me playing football. He passed away a few years back and even though I am 50, I miss him bad. The family is a lot smaller now and just my immediate family (16) gathers for Thanksgiving. That evening, some of the men and grand-kids would tent camp by a river through Sunday. Fishing, hunting, drinking and telling stories by the fire. Now we eat, watch football, however all the grand-kids are different. Instead of playing outside, they play games on the computer. I think the game of football will become less and less with this gaming generation.

My favorite memory on Thanksgiving early in my youth was watch Staubach, later, it became watching Garrett light the field on fire throwing deep. Now it is watching Zeke and the Kettle. What a great day to play football.

Enjoy your family, friends and football.
Go Dallas!!!

List your traditions.

CB61

Reaction score
My best Thanksgiving Day memory is when I went to Texas stadium Emmitt Smith had just been benched the week before and he ran all over the Commanders

And of course the day Clint Longley beat the Commanders I was with my family who were all rooting against the Cowboys all started laughing when Staubach went out of the game I had the last laugh that day !

Centex

Reaction score
The best feast of the year. More food that any person should ever eat. No stress that Christmas brings. Family. Dallas Cowboys football.