Shotgun

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Is it me, or do you think we are over-using the shotgun? I don't recall us using it this much last year. This also makes the team more one-dimensional with the exception of draws. Our line is pretty good, so not sure why so many shotgun plays (other than to help Romo see the field better).

I also think this is why we played Green Bay so well too...every play they run is a shotgun play.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ryanbabs;2318907 said:
Is it me, or do you think we are over-using the shotgun? I don't recall us using it this much last year. This also makes the team more one-dimensional with the exception of draws. Our line is pretty good, so not sure why so many shotgun plays (other than to help Romo see the field better).

I also think this is why we played Green Bay so well too...every play they run is a shotgun play.

We ran alot of shot-gun last year too.

dre1614

Reaction score
Romo is at his best when he can see the whole field, plus he is more comfortable in the shotgun, and gives him more time to make something happen.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
dre1614;2318913 said:
Romo is at his best when he can see the whole field, plus he is more comfortable in the shotgun, and gives him more time to make something happen.

I agree, It always comes down to the comfort-level of the QB. Troy hated it so the Cowboys rarely used it with him.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Fake post, draw play... Now the shotgun formation, what's next Witten lined up in backfield to much, we are 4-1 with one loss that we should have won, oh well...

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
It's funny I heard Aikman mumbling on the telecast the other day how everybody in the NFL is running the spread. But he can read a defense like nobody else. He called a wide blitz on the outside like three seconds before they snaped the ball. I was like how did he see that.
Also have you ever noticed how much you pick up if you rewatch the game. Rormo really tanked the throw to Crayton at his knees. But if you look at it it looks like the thing was tipped a smig. Also a lot of Romos off day was the fact the o line wasn't keeping the guys out. He got hit and pressured more here. I really think that has to do as much with his problems as anything..

MONT17

Reaction score
Rewatch a game? I rewatch the game as soon as its over! I've watched that bengals game like 4 times already and I still have yet to take it off the dvr to put it on disc. But anyway we beat the Packers because they are not very good!