1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Should Cowboys trade for Jamal Adams?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by blindzebra, Apr 1, 2020.

1. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

1,291 Messages
    1,602 Likes Received
    Truth!!

2. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,354 Messages
    6,563 Likes Received
    Or DT if Kinlaw is there possibly.

3. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

7,205 Messages
    5,902 Likes Received
    I’d give them 17 no doubt

4. MyFairLady

MyFairLady Well-Known Member

771 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    You can acquire talent through draft picks. You can also acquire talent through large contracts. Or you can acquire talent the Cowboys way by giving up draft picks and large contracts at the same time. I can promise you this team is going no where when this business model continues to be thought of as reasonable. Good teams would laugh at this and move on to real business.

5. MyFairLady

MyFairLady Well-Known Member

771 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Praise Jesus someone understands.

6. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

3,009 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    One is an NFL all-pro, the other has potential- I would go with the guarantee (Adams) in this scenario, but he’ll be the highest paid safety (and possibly highest paid DB) this time next year so we should probably pass.

stasheroo and America's Cowboy like this.
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    I'm glad to see somebody actually factor in the costs.
    :thumbup:

So many fans are just playing Madden and saying 'go get him' at every name that they see, failing to look at the big picture of all costs involved.

cheyennes and ultron like this.
  8. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Drunk on Dalton Juice Zone Supporter

20,005 Messages
    20,725 Likes Received
    I think if you trade for Adams, you need to take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. Why? Because you need to free yourself from paying Gallup in a couple years. If Gallup plays at the same level he did in 2019, you are looking at 16-17 million AAV

9. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    I'll let Gallup and Cooper 'compete' for that contract. Cooper signed a five year deal, but the team can get out in two.

I don't want a receiver that early because the team needs cornerback help badly.

You give up that 1st for Adams and a receiver in the second, you're still screwed at corner.

10. darthseinfeld

20,005 Messages
    20,725 Likes Received
    Im not that concerned with CB. We need a guy that can be a #1. We have depth. We actually have less depth at WR than CB. Your 3rd WR plays as many snaps as your 3rd CB. Unfortunately this may not be the draft for a #1 CB, especially if Henderson goes before our pick. An Im not even that high on him. The organization like Awuzie better than the fans do, and I wouldnt be surprised if they extend him before the season starts

11. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    So you're not concerned but concede we don't have a "#1"?

Listen to yourself here. You're talking about depth over a "#1", you admitted that yourself. We certainly have our #1 receiver. We even have our #2 receiver. We can't say the same about cornerback.

Is that why they benched him? I would be surprised if they extend him.

12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,041 Messages
    54,658 Likes Received
    OH HELL NO.

TwoDeep3 likes this.
  13. darthseinfeld

20,005 Messages
    20,725 Likes Received
    1) Im not concerned about CB going into the season. Given the nature of position, a draft pick even in the first might not even crack the top 3. I am concerned about a #1 CB, but read closer. I said that player might not be available to us in this draft.

2) A #3 WR isnt depth. Thats a basically a starter. Your #3 WR plays as many snaps as your #3 CB

3)He got bench for a series by the outgoing staff. They arent here anymore.

14. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

4,569 Messages
    5,979 Likes Received
    HELL NO! Stop trading first round picks. Those 5 year rookie deals are vital. Specially right now with some huge contracts!

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  15. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    Certainly not when you've traded away pick #17 and drafted another receiver in round 2, right? A self-fulfilling prophecy for sure.

What's a #1 cornerback? Is that "basically a starter" or is that one of the top 5 positions in football? I'll go with everyone else and say the latter.

But it's still on the players resume. Along with being the guy opposing teams picked on when they threw away from Byron Jones. Neither worthy of a contract extension.

16. freemanjc19

freemanjc19 Member

66 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    No Sir, we need corners badly.

17. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,025 Messages
    26,481 Likes Received
    I'm not in the business of trading draft capital for a strong safety. I'm not even sure if I want to invest a 1st rounder into one but at least if I do that I have him for 4 or 5 years before I have to give him a big contract.

IN hindsight I'm glad they didn't trade for him. Would've been a mistake.

stasheroo likes this.
  18. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    They could potentially offer next years #1 after the draft.

Not saying to do it, just saying what could happen.

I personally think they want more for him than he is worth, but I'd love to have him.

19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,972 Messages
    10,526 Likes Received
    Absolutely not. I wouldn't give them anything for him - he's going to be an expensive player at one of the least important positions in football. Hard pass.

rocyaice likes this.
  20. ehwqkbmg

ehwqkbmg Active Member

218 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Trade Zeke for some draft picks then trade that for Adams

Or Zeke for Adams in a 3 team trade