1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Should Cowboys trade for Jamal Adams?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by blindzebra, Apr 1, 2020.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

30,835 Messages
    13,905 Likes Received
    Do you try to be purposely wrong every time you post? They discussed the trade after the 2019 draft right before the trade deadline. I mentioned the 17th pick because we now know where that pick would be.

big dog cowboy and stasheroo like this.
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    I've certainly never heard anyone say that they were a strong safety away.

Bullflop, CATCH17 and rocyaice like this.
  3. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    It's argument for the sake of arguing. Accuracy's got nothing to do with it!
    :laugh:

4. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

12,033 Messages
    5,164 Likes Received
    no, no and no.....

way too much...you build through the draft. and you just gave up three highly valuable draft capital. glad you are not the GM.....and then having to give him a large contract...perhaps just spend less draft capital and go after McKinney....or wait and draft delpit….

5. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

14,107 Messages
    17,763 Likes Received
    I'm all for not getting beat in trade, but Adams is worth more than the 17th pick.

6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

23,107 Messages
    15,673 Likes Received
    Don't want to give up our first this year. I'd offer the second this year and a conditional first next year. Might take more than that, but I wouldn't give up much more, maybe a lower-round pick or two.

7. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    Is he? At this point?

This is no reflection on the ability of the player, just the fact that the Jets got him for three years for the #6 overall pick in 2017, and now they're going to get the #17 overall pick in 2020 from the Cowboys for the privilege of having to then pay the guy top of the league safety money?

Not 'worth it' to me.

8. Bigtex67

Bigtex67 Active Member

101 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Probably should have just tried the 17th...The Brown addition was our downfall.......

9. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

4,569 Messages
    1,834 Likes Received
    I will quote you AGAIN "Fish claims Cowboys offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year. Doesn't think anything happens until after the draft though. Another future 1." Where and how does saying that Cowboys offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year mean anything other than offering a draft pick the Cowboys didn't have last season. Yes as I told you last season the trade offer was just before the trade deadline. You see the key words that made you look wrong are offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year. Now if you meant to say last season the Cowboys were trying to trade for Adams right before the trade deadline and then someone claimed that THIS year the 17th and Brown were offered it would make sense but you didn't and to expect us to read your mind and not go by what you wrote is really pushing sanity.

10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,043 Messages
    54,670 Likes Received
    There's plenty of that going around anyway. Don't need any more. Especially when we are talking football the first week of April for crying out loud.

stasheroo likes this.
  11. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    And hoping that we actually have a season.

DCBoysfan likes this.
  12. Bigtex67

Bigtex67 Active Member

101 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I think it all depends on what is left on the board....though I tend to agree with your thought process. I think we take S in the 2nd or 3rd.

13. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

14,107 Messages
    17,763 Likes Received
    I definitely think he's worth more than 17 and unfortunately for us Cowboy fans, so do the Jets.

14. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    OK, I disagree. Based on the number of reasons I previously mentioned.
    :thumbup:

15. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

30,835 Messages
    13,905 Likes Received
    You are just a dense troll. The pick would have been this years 17. Go take a flying leap you mindless troll.

16. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

1,769 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    No.

No is the negative response to a statement just received. We have received this statement all last year and the response is still negative....NO

17. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    America's Cowboy likes this.
  18. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,978 Messages
    44,681 Likes Received
    He's the best overall safety in the NFL.

Do it.

19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

51,000 Messages
    47,358 Likes Received
    2nd rounder? Sure..

1st rounder? No thanks..

In general I wouldn’t do this.. He’s doesn’t play a premium position and can’t make big impacts on games because of it.

America's Cowboy and stasheroo like this.
  20. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    And people should take a look at what safeties are making. Free safeties.

Strong safeties are well down the list, as they should be.

But again, fans see a name and go 'hell yeah!" and ignore everything else.

[​IMG]

America's Cowboy likes this.