Should Cowboys trade for Jamal Adams?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is pretty much not true. Last year the Cowboys didn't have 17th pick they had the 27th and had already traded that for Cooper before even talking to the jets about Adams. Last year they talked to the jets about Adams just before the trade deadline.
Do you try to be purposely wrong every time you post? They discussed the trade after the 2019 draft right before the trade deadline. I mentioned the 17th pick because we now know where that pick would be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I think honestly you are never a "safety" away. Just like you are never a "corner" away. There are some things you can win with in this league consistently. There are some things you can't. We've seen that for the most part you need good quarterback play to win in this league consistently. You need good coaching. You don't need a player the caliber of Jamal Adams to win in this league.

I've certainly never heard anyone say that they were a strong safety away.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you try to be purposely wrong every time you post? They discussed the trade after the 2019 draft right before the trade deadline. I mentioned the 17th pick because we now know where that pick would be.

It's argument for the sake of arguing. Accuracy's got nothing to do with it!
:laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Should we offer 17, 81, and a 2nd in 2021?
no, no and no.....

way too much...you build through the draft. and you just gave up three highly valuable draft capital. glad you are not the GM.....and then having to give him a large contract...perhaps just spend less draft capital and go after McKinney....or wait and draft delpit….

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Should we offer 17, 81, and a 2nd in 2021?

Don't want to give up our first this year. I'd offer the second this year and a conditional first next year. Might take more than that, but I wouldn't give up much more, maybe a lower-round pick or two.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm all for not getting beat in trade, but Adams is worth more than the 17th pick.

Is he? At this point?

This is no reflection on the ability of the player, just the fact that the Jets got him for three years for the #6 overall pick in 2017, and now they're going to get the #17 overall pick in 2020 from the Cowboys for the privilege of having to then pay the guy top of the league safety money?

Not 'worth it' to me.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Fish claims Cowboys offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year. Doesn't think anything happens until after the draft though. Another future 1.

Probably should have just tried the 17th...The Brown addition was our downfall.......

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I will quote you AGAIN "Fish claims Cowboys offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year. Doesn't think anything happens until after the draft though. Another future 1." Where and how does saying that Cowboys offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year mean anything other than offering a draft pick the Cowboys didn't have last season. Yes as I told you last season the trade offer was just before the trade deadline. You see the key words that made you look wrong are offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year. Now if you meant to say last season the Cowboys were trying to trade for Adams right before the trade deadline and then someone claimed that THIS year the 17th and Brown were offered it would make sense but you didn't and to expect us to read your mind and not go by what you wrote is really pushing sanity.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
I'll be a little surprised if Dallas drafts a safety with our first pick.

I believe we'll more likely go CB, DE or WR with our 1st choice.

I think it all depends on what is left on the board....though I tend to agree with your thought process. I think we take S in the 2nd or 3rd.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Is he? At this point?

This is no reflection on the ability of the player, just the fact that the Jets got him for three years for the #6 overall pick in 2017, and now they're going to get the #17 overall pick in 2020 from the Cowboys for the privilege of having to then pay the guy top of the league safety money?

Not 'worth it' to me.

I definitely think he's worth more than 17 and unfortunately for us Cowboy fans, so do the Jets.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I will quote you AGAIN "Fish claims Cowboys offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year. Doesn't think anything happens until after the draft though. Another future 1." Where and how does saying that Cowboys offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year mean anything other than offering a draft pick the Cowboys didn't have last season. Yes as I told you last season the trade offer was just before the trade deadline. You see the key words that made you look wrong are offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year. Now if you meant to say last season the Cowboys were trying to trade for Adams right before the trade deadline and then someone claimed that THIS year the 17th and Brown were offered it would make sense but you didn't and to expect us to read your mind and not go by what you wrote is really pushing sanity.
You are just a dense troll. The pick would have been this years 17. Go take a flying leap you mindless troll.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
No.

No is the negative response to a statement just received. We have received this statement all last year and the response is still negative....NO

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone advocating trading high picks for players, be aware of this kind of dynamic. We've just dealth with it with our own Amari Cooper trade.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...se-im-looking-to-be-the-highest-paid-lineman/

You trade picks for players, you better have an extension done right then. Otherwise, you just forfeited any and all leverage to player and agent and you will pay through the nose.

giphy.gif

erod

Reaction score
He's the best overall safety in the NFL.

Do it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
2nd rounder? Sure..

1st rounder? No thanks..

In general I wouldn’t do this.. He’s doesn’t play a premium position and can’t make big impacts on games because of it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2nd rounder? Sure..

1st rounder? No thanks..

In general I wouldn’t do this.. He’s doesn’t play a premium position and can’t make big impacts on games because of it.

And people should take a look at what safeties are making. Free safeties.

Strong safeties are well down the list, as they should be.

But again, fans see a name and go 'hell yeah!" and ignore everything else.

50f25d6c3f7d37ec69fcb0d164362b69--life-humor-predicate-logic.jpg