1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Should Cowboys trade for Jamal Adams?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by blindzebra, Apr 1, 2020.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

30,834 Messages
    13,901 Likes Received
    Yes, this is common sense and I still do not understand how the Jones' did the Cooper one without an extension. It flat out boggles the mind.

2. MaaS

MaaS Well-Known Member

364 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    No. We can't afford his salary.

3. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

4,564 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    If that's what you meant you shouldn't have said "Cowboys offered 17 & Anthony Brown last year". Don't blame me for your mistake.

4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,101 Messages
    70,459 Likes Received
    That one was bad enough, but then the Texans and Rams come along and say "hold my beer!'

:facepalm:

These will be the stories and trades talked about when 'things not to do' are next talked about when the people responsible get fired.

5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Admin

73,484 Messages
    28,600 Likes Received
    Just put a thread out to stop the personal attacks and name calling. Another thread was closed to stop the personal attacks and name calling and yet it starts again in this thread.

One person just got a time out.

For those that seem to keep missing it or ig or you it...

STOP THE PERSONAL ATTACKS AND NAME CALLING

America's Cowboy likes this.
  6. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

6,261 Messages
    3,669 Likes Received
    You don't pay a high draft pick and then a big contract.
    See eagles and their trade to the Lions for the CB.

7. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Active Member

658 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Hell no.

8. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,352 Messages
    6,562 Likes Received
    LLLOOOLLL

9. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Zone Supporter

982 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    Adams is a damn good ball hawk / thumper. He brings the wood and plays the ball. After another member here mentioned his name before last season, I did quite a bit of research. This guy was great in collage and is great in the NFL. For anyone that believes having two excellent safeties makes the D far better, this guy fits the bill!

10. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

4,974 Messages
    4,497 Likes Received
    I want Adams, but to think about 65-70% of our cap being tied up in Dak, Cooper,Zeke, and Adams would be scary

11. MLB53

MLB53 New Member

18 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    No,
    if ppl want a SS that's a good tackler then draft a small fast LB out of college and convert him.

12. 3rdEyewarrior

3rdEyewarrior Member

57 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    He's not bette than earl Thomas and we only offered a 2nd for him.
    I'd offer. 2nd and only a 2nd.

Cowboysheelsreds053 and slick325 like this.
  13. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

6,214 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    He isn't better than E.T. at all. The only thing he had on him is age and a better injury history and of today.

The age is why Dallas would have to give up pick 17 and a future PLUS the huge extension.

I like but don't love Adams, so I wouldn't trade for him and fork out the money it will take to retain his rights. I would much rather take Delpit, McKinney (in the 1st) or Kyle Duggar in the 2nd. Even Winfield in a trade down scenario is more appealing.

KeepinTime likes this.
  14. black label

black label Well-Known Member

3,734 Messages
    6,339 Likes Received
    get him more help lol

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

55 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I like Adams at SS but the idea of giving up a 1st and other picks and paying him $14M a season is not appealing to me. I would rather pull that trick over on Miami by finding out how much they want a QB by dangling Dak. My guess is neither works.

16. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Drunk on Dalton Juice Zone Supporter

20,005 Messages
    20,725 Likes Received
    He isnt a ballhawk. He isnt a Safety that creates turnovers. He is a catalytic box safety, who is very good range and man coverage skills. But he is not what you would call a ball hawk

17. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

15,950 Messages
    10,706 Likes Received
    Dallas hasnt had cap space like this since who knows when. Making moves for players we know will change the team is still something I haven't seen from a supposed win now team

18. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

3,726 Messages
    4,887 Likes Received
    Adams was 1st team All Pro last year.
    2nd team All Pro the year before.

In 14 games last year, he had 6.5 sacks, 7 passes defended, 1 interception (for a 61 yard TD), 2 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery.

He’s the safety in the game right now.

And he’s 24 years old.

It can be argued whether a 1st rounder for him would be worth it, but there is no debate on his talent.

19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,101 Messages
    70,459 Likes Received
    Signing free agents is one thing, giving up premium draft picks to then set the market price for paying a strong safety is quite another.

Like I said, anybody who seriously wants to consider a move like this needs to talk about all of the costs involved, not just 'getting a great player!'

Bullflop likes this.
  20. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,306 Messages
    19,798 Likes Received
    The Cowboys must maximize the effect of their draft picks. They need help in too many positions to do otherwise. Giving up any more than our #1 pick for Adams would do damage to that goal. Yes, Adams is a great player but that's only worth so much to a team with multiple needs. Overspending to get help from one player would not serve this team well. Let's face it -- at least four more excellent players will be required to turn this team around, imho.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020