Should Dallas draft Kyle Trask in 3rd-4th round?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why does Pitts get valued so much by you guys and experts lol, and the guy who threw all the passes to him is considered to be so so??
people often times say the qb made the wr, like romo used to make guys look good, I forget the guy who was with dallas one season
then got a big contract with jags.
also romo made dez , but then dak couldnt throw those same type passes that romo could.

So did trask make pitts look good, or did pitts make trask look good?
I saw one game where pitts got concussed and missed the 2nd half, and trask still had big day and won without him.

I think pitts could be overrated.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ok just read some on him after seeing him in the pitts hl reel.
He is a big guy 6'5 250 very accurate 70% and very few int's.
In fact the only negative was he didnt throw the deep ball or do it well, and he is not a running qb.
He moves in pocket well senses pressure well, is smart, and he has taken snaps from under center, as well
as shotgun.
I would grab him if he is still there in the 3rd , or if you want to gamble try and get him in the 4th.

The reason I say this, is dak may or may not be the guy, and he may or may not get back to his previous level.
And if he got hurt again or had to miss some games, or they just want to give him a week off, they could
if they had Trask.
Trask would make a cheap bkup, and he would also be insurance for if dak doesnt pan out.

You never know what is going to happen, and with Trask dallas would be prepared to continue if something
did happen to dak. I will or someone else could add some trask HL to this thread.
From what I saw he looked really good.
Trask will be gone in late 2nd round, old boy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Trask has a painfully slow release, is slow through his progressions, immobile and -- despite his bulk -- has marginal arm strength. He's a Day 3 prospect.
I will bet you my Ferlin Husky memories album that Trask is an outlier who will surprise.
Chaps, Trask will be gone by the end of the second round.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I will bet you my Ferlin Husky memories album that Trask is an outlier who will surprise.
Chaps, Trask will be gone by the end of the second round.
he probably does go in 2nd, maybe the Commanders or eagles take him?
I think he is a good prospect to develop.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
he probably does go in 2nd, maybe the Commanders or eagles take him?
I think he is a good prospect to develop.

We could do a lot worse than Trask.
Good lad, I recall a game last year when Trask passed for 408 yards (26-40, 3 TDs) but fell to mighty Alabama 52-46. What a game!
But before him in the draft, I like Mac Jones (probably gone by the 5th pick in the draft), Mond or Purdy. No use crying over TLaw or ZWil because those studs will go 1-2. Trey Lance and Justin Fields will be eventual flops in the NFL and Ehlinger of Texas is trash, but he's probably a good fit for the CFL.
:)

Valkyr

Reaction score
Yes, so we can call him Kyle Trash when he throws an INT.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I would rather have Franks in the later rounds as dev project to compete with the mighty Nooch and Dak

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Trask is by some miracle still on the board in round 4, he would be a huge improvement over our current crop of back-up Qbs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
answer is easy. NO. The QB we should draft is either Sam Ehlinger or Buchelle from SMU. Both are better prospects.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Trask is by some miracle still on the board in round 4, he would be a huge improvement over our current crop of back-up Qbs.
Shane Buchelle is pro ready now and the better prospect. Trask will never be an NFL starter unless the guy in front of him gets hurt. He's a system guy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would rather have Franks in the later rounds as dev project to compete with the mighty Nooch and Dak
OH GAWD..Franks is terrible. lol..His accuracy is awful and he makes poor throws. Go watch tape of Shane Buchelle of SMU then let me know how you feel.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
how about full name and school?:confused:
Feleipe Franks. Former Gator. ARK one year. Sorry, thought it was common knowledge who he was.
Big Kid with a good arm. Good dev prospect. Trask took his spot when he had a bad ankle injury.

Last edited:

Sandyf

Reaction score
In fact the only negative was he didnt throw the deep ball or do it well, and he is not a running qb.
He moves in pocket well senses pressure well, is smart, and he has taken snaps from under center, as well
as shotgun.
I would grab him if he is still there in the 3rd , or if you want to gamble try and get him in the 4th.

The reason I say this, is dak may or may not be the guy, and he may or may not get back to his previous level.
And if he got hurt again or had to miss some games, or they just want to give him a week off, they could
if they had Trask.
Trask would make a cheap bkup, and he would also be insurance for if dak doesnt pan out.

You never know what is going to happen, and with Trask dallas would be prepared to continue if something
did happen to dak. I will or someone else could add some trask HL to this thread.
Not saying it would be a bad idea, just doubt Trask makes it out of the second and actually could see a team like Chicago or Pittsburgh move up from mid/late 2nd to end of 1st and take him along with Tampa Bay being a possibility at 32 to take him.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I prefer Mills but there is so much to be done on defense. That fourth round pick could be DT, LB or CB that can help.
Dallas does have an extra 4th round Compensatory pick (#138) on top of #115. (also 5th #179, 6th #227)

I'd be content if Dallas took all defense + OL in this draft. but, if Mills or a QB worth developing is there at #138, I'd be fine w/ them drafting a QB there

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dallas does have an extra 4th round Compensatory pick (#138) on top of #115. (also 5th #179, 6th #227)

I'd be content if Dallas took all defense + OL in this draft. but, if Mills or a QB worth developing is there at #138, I'd be fine w/ them drafting a QB there
I think OT plus defense is the way to go.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
If he was there in the fourth round (he won’t be), he’ll yes I’d take him. No, not to replace or even compete with Dak, but to develop for the future or a future trade. It’s just smart to draft a QB every 2-3 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
as shotgun.

if they had Trask.

They just signed Dak to a multi-year contract because HE IS THE GUY.