Should Dave Campo, Quincy Carter, Tony Romo Be Far Behind after Signing Witten?

timb2

Reaction score
This is the garbage that makes me want to throw up in my mouth. I feel like I am back into the Jerry's World and all his stupid stuff from year's past. I have joked the last 2 years of how I always made a Jerry Jones Disaster Mock Draft where" Jerry Locks the Draft War Room Doors and is Making All The Draft Picks Mock Draft"...BUT this isn't funny anymore.I expect the same stupid crap again and wouldn't be surprised. We are going to sign Johnny Manziel,anyone that ever played at Arkansas,and anyone that is a homicidal maniac. Is Rae Carruth out of prison now??? Thank God Aaron Hernandez committed suicide........Why bring back a TE who is 38 years old and slower than a sloth. I think Aaron Hernandez still could outrun Witten now even being dead!!.....

links18

Reaction score
This is the garbage that makes me want to throw up in my mouth. I feel like I am back into the Jerry's World and all his stupid stuff from year's past. I have joked the last 2 years of how I always made a Jerry Jones Disaster Mock Draft where" Jerry Locks the Draft War Room Doors and is Making All The Draft Picks Mock Draft"...BUT this isn't funny anymore.I expect the same stupid crap again and wouldn't be surprised. We are going to sign Johnny Manziel,anyone that ever played at Arkansas,and anyone that is a homicidal maniac. Is Rae Carruth out of prison now??? Thank God Aaron Hernandez committed suicide........Why bring back a TE who is 38 years old and slower than a sloth. I think Aaron Hernandez still could outrun Witten now even being dead!!.....

:lmao2:Quincy Carter might be an upgrade.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score

I love how he gets older every post.
Dudes 36 right now.
By the time the season starts according to y’all he’ll be 165.

He’s never been fast. But Aaron Hernandez couldn’t even outrun himself in a jail cell.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I love how he gets older every post.
Dudes 36 right now.
By the time the season starts according to y’all he’ll be 165.

He’s never been fast. But Aaron Hernandez couldn’t even outrun himself in a jail cell.
Nobody can outrun anybody in a jail cell. Those things are tiny.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Witten's only here on a one year deal to provide depth and leadership. He's not going to be taking that many snaps unless an injury occurs.

The Cowboys carried four tight ends on the roster last year and not a one of them produced as much as the aging Witten did in 2017.

This is not a long term thing. I don't understand why there's so much hand-wringing over this. Witten is simply going to take the roster spot of a do-nothing type player like Rico Gathers. Bring in another youngster if you want to keep 4 TE's again to go along with Witten, Blake Jarwin, and Dalton Schultz. Done.

links18

Reaction score
This is not a long term thing. I don't understand why there's so much hand-wringing over this. Witten is simply going to take the roster spot of a do-nothing type player like Rico Gathers. Bring in another youngster if you want to keep 4 TE's again to go along with Witten, Blake Jarwin, and Dalton Schultz. Done.

It reeks of either desperation or doing Witten a favor. Would have been better to test the FA market and draft for TEs and then bring Witten in later, if that didn't pan out.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It reeks of either desperation or doing Witten a favor. Would have been better to test the FA market and draft for TEs and then bring Witten in later, if that didn't pan out.

I admit it does sound like a favor to Witten. But if he announced he was coming back and decided to give all 32 teams a chance to sign him, there would be several takers, in my opinion. If the Patriots brought him in, they'd be hailed as geniuses again.

Witten is slow and his best days passed him by long ago, but he's still an excellent route runner, blocker, and leader to have in the locker room. I have zero issues with him back on the roster.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Wow

75boyz

Reaction score
Witten's only here on a one year deal to provide depth and leadership. He's not going to be taking that many snaps unless an injury occurs.

The Cowboys carried four tight ends on the roster last year and not a one of them produced as much as the aging Witten did in 2017.

If how you describe things here is the actual reality of the Cowboys approach I guess I could support it. But I would also hope his presence on the roster doesn't influence not drafting one if one fell to #58 because tight end is a need in my opinion.

Fire407

Reaction score
I think Herschel Walker and TO also want to come back. Maybe TO can smooth things over with Romo and Witten.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He’s just coming back for a ring, then back to the booth...

GenoT

Reaction score
Heard that Roger’s been throwing on the side...

Swanny

Reaction score
Because this sloth gets open even though he's the slowest human on Earth. The perfect security blanket.