Should Felix Start?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
think about it, you get a defense completely gassed from chasing the cat around for half a game and then bring in barber the slam the door. i still have doubts about barber being a full time back.

Ender

Reaction score
yea he should start so he can have a bad game and then every one would love baber again

Woods

Reaction score
I think if we can get Felix around 12-15 touches a game, both running and catching the football, that should be good. Plus his expertise on STs.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Teague31;2310682 said:
think about it, you get a defense completely gassed from chasing the cat around for half a game and then bring in barber the slam the door. i still have doubts about barber being a full time back.

it is not going to happen. now next year i think it could happen. this team gave a big commitment to barber. i think it would send the wrong message to start a rookie over barber for how a great team player barber has been in the last three years behind jones. barber deserves to start.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have the best 1-2 punch at RB in the Dorsett/Walker days. I'll just be happy with that.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Teague31;2310682 said:

no............it should be a perfect mixture throughout 4 quarters..

jones should catch more passes though.

that's where he would bring total devastation.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
No. I think he's perfect for a change of pace from Barber and makes some great plays, but he doesn't have the strength of Barber to get those extra yards.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Don't minimize MB3's contribution based upon FJ's explosive plays. The hammer comes before the nail. Leave it be until it doesn't work.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I would like to see Felix carry the rock at least 10-15 times a game. I don't think he should get as many carries as Barber, because Dallas needs him on special teams on every kickoff.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Barber is the man and has earned the right to be the starter. The only way he gets pulled is if he can not stop fumbling.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'm honestly thinking Barber's carries needs to be cut. He just really seems to be getting stuffed a lot, and I think thats cause hes trying to juke the CBs he comes up against as opposed to going through them like in the past.

Felix Jones is the speed on our offense right now and needs more touches. He provides the threat to go 100 yards that no one else on our offense does consistently.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
No, but your thread starting privileges should be taken away.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I don't care WHO starts....but I would like to see him get around 15 carries a game.

Whether Barber gets that many or not is irrelevant. If he's tearing it up, leave him in there.....keep giving him the bulk of the carries.

Jones DOES need more carries than he is getting....that is transparent.

odog422

Reaction score
Derinyar;2310733 said:
I'm honestly thinking Barber's carries needs to be cut. He just really seems to be getting stuffed a lot, and I think thats cause hes trying to juke the CBs he comes up against as opposed to going through them like in the past.

I don't think his carries need to be cut, and he definitely shoudl still start, but even when Jones was here, Barber was most ineffectual when he started trying to go sideways as opposed to north and south.

Even though he said he wouldn't change, I think somewhere in his head that seed has been planted to try to "preserve yourself."

Not much, but I feel like I see a degree of less physicalness from him. When has he ever willingly run out of bounds to avoid contact like he did today? Yes, I know it was only once, but that's one time more than I can recall in three years previous.