Should Garrett have a wild cat play?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
It would be cool to see Felix run it when he gets healthy. I think he would be very capable of making some good things happen off that play even if it's just a couple times a game. Thoughts?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yes...

But with Romo back, it doesn't make as much sense. When we really needed it was the last few weeks when Romo was hurt. Then, it could have actually helped us instead of being just a gimmick.

links18

Reaction score
How about a double reverse to Owens with an injured Romo running the lead block? Oh, wait we tried that for no gain last night :bang2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I say no on the gimmick play like that.

I am more a fan of the wr reverse pass or the flea flicker if they have to do something.

Who would have thought, parcells tried to get Dan Henning to come to Dallas repeatedly but he could never get him out of his job in carolina. Well he has him now and pennington is having a career year, his numbers look similar to carter, testaverde, bledsoe, romo in the same offense. And the whole league is copying his gadget plays.

that is a well run and well coached offensive system.

but again I dont want to see any of that crap here. i want to see tough physical running game and a passing game that distributes the ball to all the weapons.

I dont want the running game to be right or left handed and I dont want to hear The top ten list complaining about touches or passes his way.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Couldn't be worse than that reverse to Owens. Every defensive back on the field knows where Owens is at all times.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Lets run a double reverse to crayton and hit a wide open Martellus in the middle of the field.

rathalarge

Reaction score
If Stanback wasn't hurt and dressing on a regular basis, then i'd think it would be okay. Imagine him keeping it, or handing off to either Barber or Felix when he returns!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Nah, it's for struggling teams trying to entertain angry fans...;)

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;2427176 said:
Couldn't be worse than that reverse to Owens. Every defensive back on the field knows where Owens is at all times.

For us it would be a gimmick, like CL said, but with owens being chased all over the field on every play that counter that Ark ran with McFadden might work for big yards a couple times late in the year or in the POs. Direct snap to felix with TO coming hard in motion to take the handoff, get everyone moving right, fake the handoff the TO and let Felix run the counter. He beats one or two guys and he's gone. McFadden did it all the time.

hairic

Reaction score
I'm sure they already have one among many other trick plays. Whether they ever get called in a game or practiced the week of when walking thru the game plan, I doubt it.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
We have a Pro Bowl QB. There is no need to take him out of the equation like that or put him in harms way at the receiver position.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Paniolo22;2427188 said:
We have a Pro Bowl QB. There is no need to take him out of the equation like that or put him in harms way at the receiver position.
Maybe its cause we have a pro bowl QB that those things would work.

links18

Reaction score
Paniolo22;2427188 said:

Uh, you mean like we had him running a lead block on the double reverse last night?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
links18;2427168 said:
How about a double reverse to Owens with an injured Romo running the lead block? Oh, wait we tried that for no gain last night :bang2:

i wanted garrett's head on that one.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
links18;2427197 said:
Uh, you mean like we had him running a lead block on the double reverse last night?

Uh, were you in favor of that play? I was crapping in my pants that our 85% QB was out in front of that play trying to throw a lead block. Romo has NO BUSINESS out there.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2427155 said:
I'd rather see them do a flea-flicker.

Every time we get 1st and 10 inside the 50 I expect to see the flea-flicker come back.

And on goal lines, I look for the TE to chip, stumble, and roll into the end zone for a wide open catch.

Two of my favorite plays of the Parcells era. They both almost always worked, and I don't know why we don't keep them in the offense. If for no other reasons than they're fan favorites and would make a nice homage to the last administration.