Should I get a copper roof or shingle roof for my large shed?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a high dollar copper roof put on my house a few years ago...my 1800 Sq ft shed is in need of a new roof....one of my old players will put a lower end copper roof that won't match or a higher en shingle roof....which would you pick? Before you answer, the roof on my house was about 50k in 2012....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had a high dollar copper roof put on my house a few years ago...my 1800 Sq ft shed is in need of a new roof....one of my old players will put a lower end copper roof that won't match or a higher en shingle roof....which would you pick? Before you answer, the roof on my house was about 50k in 2012....
If it's not going to match completely, I wouldn't make it look like you're trying to match it at all. I'd go with shingles, or maybe look into metal roofing that looks like shingles.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it's not going to match completely, I wouldn't make it look like you're trying to match it at all. I'd go with shingles, or maybe look into metal roofing that looks like shingles.
Yep....that's what I'm thinking...although, he just sent me a pic and it pretty close.....byw, he's doing it for free..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't even notice that your copper roofs aren't an exact match. I probably would notice the shingle roof vs the copper roof.

I'd go with the copper.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Cooper naturally turns a light green over time so they will match if it’s real Cooper. There are steel roofs with a Cooper paint that will not turn green.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cooper naturally turns a light green over time so they will match if it’s real Cooper. There are steel roofs with a Cooper paint that will not turn green.
Do you spell Amari's name C-o-p-p-e-r? :laugh: J/K, your phone probably autocorrected "Cooper" because you type it often.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got done last week, the color is a perfect match...the one my is the type that all screws are hidden....the one on the shed....you see the screws, but they are same color. It looks nice.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm guessing you've done him favors in the past. Whatever the case, I'm glad it matched. I thought you said it wouldn't, but I may be misremembering.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Tesla (I mean Nicola) roofs since I'm going to require full-on experimental 3-D printers and that's going to consume an entire power grid.
I already got the county to grant permission for my 25,000 sq ft basement on your property.
I have connections from my days in Ingleside.
I cordoned a spot for you to hack live NFL cams, should you need.
With mics.