Should Jerry bring Dez back to help spark this team?

jaybird

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get roasted, but I feel Jerry needs to bring Dez back even if as a part-timer to help spark this team. Cowboys could use his fiery personality to fire up the team and help them start a winning streak to help reach the playoffs. Yes, Dez is old and limited, but Dez has always had that fiery attitude that refuses to lose. That is one thing I feel this team is missing...Dez's fiery attitude to help spark up this team.

What say you?
I say we need a 26 year old Randy White
And a 26 year old Larry Allen
Dez is about as done

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get roasted, but I feel Jerry needs to bring Dez back even if as a part-timer to help spark this team. Cowboys could use his fiery personality to fire up the team and help them start a winning streak to help reach the playoffs. Yes, Dez is old and limited, but Dez has always had that fiery attitude that refuses to lose. That is one thing I feel this team is missing...Dez's fiery attitude to help spark up this team.

What say you?

He's DONE. Move on.

visionary

Reaction score

What say you?

only if we bring back TO also

Silly

Reaction score

What say you?

No. I would say fire the next player that falls asleep in a team meeting, fumbles the ball, or misses a FG. That is all the spark you need.

exciter

Reaction score

What say you?
Dez went to the sidelines and cried in the middle of a series in a game with playoff implications. How would bringing back a disruptive quitter spark the team?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

What say you?

I wouldn't be opposed to it. However, I do wonder if he burned too many bridges here with the rest of the players like Lee.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I feel your pain AC Im looking for just about anything to light a fire under this teams *** . Dez is definatly following us and seems to feel very attached to this team . I would love to see him come back and be a positive force make some plays for us in a playoff run .

It would be classic . That said I have no clue what type of shape he is in mentally or phisically to be able to accomplish this task .

Exactly. He hasn't played a game since 2017, and he burned some bridges here. Perhaps they can be rebuilt though. I'm not opposed to bringing Dez back.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
so why can't super dak spark this team? too buddy, buddy with the players and not demanding better?
Agreed. I think Dak is being too nice with the players, especially those who commit drive-killing dumb mistakes. Maybe Witten needs to yell at them? Then again, Witten has contributed to some of those drive-killers. :banghead:

Mr_437

Reaction score
The only realistic role I see for Dez on this team is...punt returner. Tavon is averaging a blah 4.8 per return.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cedrick Wilson Jr. returning some punts.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

What say you?
A healthy Dez would fix our redzone issues. We have NO ONE on this roster that is an above average red zone threat. That is why we brought Witten back. We hoped his big frame would be able to box people out inside the 5. For years...Dez was our redzone passing offense. Why? Because he is physical and fearless. It is a street fight from the 5 yard line and in...and Dez excels at that. But if Dez can't jump anymore...he could not help us...much like Witten cannot help us.

JBS

Reaction score
Are people in here still this clueless about what the issue is w this team?

You can add whatever players you want to the roster. It won't matter

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You don't notice this team lacking that fiery killer attitude? Even Michael Irvin recently said so.
I noticed it. I'm just done with retreads. He lost a step or two before he was cut what do you think he'll do now? The last video I saw he was still rounding out the top of his routes and he's been working with a "guru" for how long?