Should Newman follow the best WR from here on out?

CPonder14

Reaction score
follow the best WR from here on out? I have confidence in Scandrick taking the slot man, and Jenkins taking the other side(well not really but better than Henry).

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
should Wade Phillips shave his head completely and paste his hair to his genitals?

(in other words, yes.)

burmafrd

Reaction score
On a slightly more serious NOTE I am in favor of anytime a team has a Steve Smith or a top WR of that caliber that we should do with TNew that we did with Deion- he climbs inside the guys shirt and never lets up. Man the guy the whole game and the rest of the secondary takes care of the JAGs.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CPonder14;2424831 said:
follow the best WR from here on out? I have confidence in Scandrick taking the slot man, and Jenkins taking the other side(well not really but better than Henry).

Absolutely! In fact that's what Newman used to do in the past. I think because the last 2 seasons he's been somewhat hobbled at certain points of the season the coaching staff hasn't put that responsibility on T-NEW.

In the past, when we used to have to face WR's like Steve Smith, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss that was Newmans job. Just to focus on taking his WR out and follow him throughout the game. You guys remember how ineffective T.O was against us but smashed everyone else when he was with Philly? Newman was why.

zeromaster

Reaction score
xWraithx;2424838 said:
should Wade Phillips shave his head completely and paste his hair to his genitals?

(in other words, yes.)
You're scaring the children...

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CPonder14;2424831 said:
Heck yeah he should be tailing the best wideout.

LOL! he isn't better than Henry, he's just faster. Henry tackles and Mike doesn't. It'll be totally different if you said Pac man >>>> Henry but, even that would be reaching cause Adam his a dumb arse.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The answer is YES....he is the most underrated corner in football and I would put him up against anyone when healthy.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I am all for it. It is about time we start shutting down their best guy like people have been doing to us. Now if we can just get RW II going so they don't know who to try and shut down!!

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I most certainly would, Moss was getting so frustrated especially and the quick hitch routes at the line of scrimmage, TNew would play off, then tackle him as soon as he caught it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mr.davon24;2425001 said:
[/SIZE]

LOL! he isn't better than Henry, he's just faster. Henry tackles and Mike doesn't. It'll be totally different if you said Pac man >>>> Henry but, even that would be reaching cause Adam his a dumb arse.

Mike Jenkins is very similar to Pacman in their Rookie seasons.

Once Jenkins learns the game he is going to be a baller.

Reaction score
CPonder14;2424831 said:

Hate to tell you guys so but I told you guys that Newman is one of the best. I predicted Newman will shut Moss down and he did. Moss had a big game the first time because Newman wasn't 100%.

I also suggested that Newman not only shut down Moss but also predicted Newman would have two or three big plays that would help the Cowboys to a win and he did!

So for all of you guys that wanted to get rid of Newman are eating crow. Look, we have a good thing with Newman and we should just be happy.

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425037 said:
Mike Jenkins is very similar to Pacman in their Rookie seasons.

Once Jenkins learns the game he is going to be a baller.

I dunno know Pac Man was a stud and before the 2nd suspension he was on his way to being a potential starter. Don't get me wrong Mike will get better with reps. but, to say he should start over Henry is :lmao2:. People tend to forget that he lead the league more then once in Ints. I admit he is slow as a sloth but, he may be the 2nd best corner we have at this point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mr.davon24;2425086 said:
I dunno know Pac Man was a stud and before the 2nd suspension he was on his way to being a potential starter. Don't get me wrong Mike will get better with reps. but, to say he should start over Henry is :lmao2:. People tend to forget that he lead the league more then once in Ints. I admit he is slow as a sloth but, he may be the 2nd best corner we have at this point.

Pacman was a stud but in his rookie season he looked awful at times.

I would actually say Jenkins looks better as a rookie between the two.

Pacman just took a leap in his 2nd year. Hopefully Jenkins does the same.

I love Henry but he has lost a step that he couldn't afford to lose.

His ball skills are still good but he has just lost a step.

I really wish they would just move him to safety so that way he could keep everything still in front of him and allow him to play the ball.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think it depends.

Noone else on our team can hang with Santana, or Steve Smith, or guys with that sort of quickness AND top end speed.

Until Scandrick becomes that guy ;) then I think if we face a WR like that, we should have Newman shadow him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I expressed this in another thread.

Yes.

Or

We could let him run free and get behind the secondary and let Newman catch the WR from behind after a 30 yard gain.

So. The answer, again. Yes.