Should our next OC be an external hire or an internal promotion?

Should our next OC be an external hire or an internal promotion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
To go along with the poll, do you have anyone in mind that you would really like to see take the reigns as our next OC? Let us know what you're thinking.

Also... If the new OC is an external hire, is Kellen Moore gone?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They’re trying to find the next Richard. Whoever comes in will be co-coordinators with Nussmeier and hope the new guy injects energy and new ideas.

They’ve seen it work this year so I understand the thinking.

lukin2006

Reaction score
There is not one coach on the offensive side of the ball that deserves a promotion. The HC on down should be fired, still can not believe they are keeping Moore. I don't care if Dak likes him, it shouldn't be up to him.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t think there’s anyway Garrett is surrendering his offense so I hope they are looking for an external hire that can take his offense and mix in new modern ideas and plays and then be the playcaller to make sure it’s implemented in games. They need unpredictability, modern formations, modern route trees, multiple different plays out of the same formation, aggressiveness, misdirection, etc. On top of that, they need a few more skill positions with scary speed and the coaches/scheme that knows how to use it.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
To go along with the poll, do you have anyone in mind that you would really like to see take the reigns as our next OC? Let us know what you're thinking.

Also... If the new OC is an external hire, is Kellen Moore gone?

My theory is it will be both external and internal. The new OC will be a former Cowboy and the "two week reference" by JJ is to give said former player time to finish his contract with CBS as an analyst ;). Ya you know who I'm talkin about. I have a contact, who has a contact, who has a contact and so on and so on. You heard it here first, 10'th hand, but my sources are reliable. This ain't Buzzfeed bahahaha. Ok I'll spill the beans, the initials are ARR shortened to TR. I couldn't say it because he's signed with another team. Notice I didn't say a football team. Y'all draw your own conclusions :omg::laugh::grin:

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
My theory is it will be both external and internal. The new OC will be a former Cowboy and the "two week reference" by JJ is to give said former player time to finish his contract with CBS as an analyst ;). Ya you know who I'm talkin about. I have a contact, who has a contact, who has a contact and so on and so on. You heard it here first, 10'th hand, but my sources are reliable. This ain't Buzzfeed bahahaha. Ok I'll spill the beans, the initials are ARR shortened to TR. I couldn't say it because he's signed with another team. Notice I didn't say a football team. Y'all draw your own conclusions :omg::laugh::grin:

As much as I would love for that to happen, it's not happening... Your source has been right on stuff in the past. I'll give you that but unfortunately, not this time... I just don't see it.. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to eat so much crow I'll get sick...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie.. If it were Romo, I would be pretty happy about that..

I know it's a pie in the sky thing but a person can dream... Right?

Sandyf

Reaction score
Depending on who an outside guy coming in might be then Moore as a QB coach might or might not be there. The case for Moore staying is two fold, one the front office and HC like the guy and respect him, two, if they weren't going to keep him, he most likely would have been gone with Linehan. If you want a third option, he is still capable of playing which gives you a vet QB that could be signed if needed. Most will not like that but facts are just facts.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Depending on who an outside guy coming in might be then Moore as a QB coach might or might not be there. The case for Moore staying is two fold, one the front office and HC like the guy and respect him, two, if they weren't going to keep him, he most likely would have been gone with Linehan. If you want a third option, he is still capable of playing which gives you a vet QB that could be signed if needed. Most will not like that but facts are just facts.
The last thing I think anyone wants to see is ol rubber armed lefty back in a Cowboys uniform.