Should the Cowboys risk further injury to Dak?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xwalker -- i heard that he cannot further injure the part that is injured ..its only pain tolerance...unless you mean he could injure another part of his body?

The medical staff cleared Connor Williams to return to the game in the 2nd half of the Buffalo game.

He was limping when he returned and could be seen in the huddle leaning to take the weight off the injured leg.

He made it for a few snaps and then blew out his ACL...

Parcells forced OL Stephen Peterman back into a game despite the player being in obvious pain. Peterman played a couple of snaps and blewout his ACL...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Waiting on the contract does NOT mean they "don't think enough of him" to give him one.

It is a negotiation. They don't think there has been a benefit to giving him the contract now.

Dak has already said he does not expect to make as much as the agent is requesting.

The Cowboys don't believe that Dak is nearly as concerned about the amount as his agent.

The general expectation for teams is and should be to get a "team friendly" deal if they sign the player early.

The player is taking a huge risk by not signing now.
Let’s don’t kid ourselves. You don’t play around with a guy you think you can’t live without. Rams and Eagles wasted no time with their franchise quarterbacks.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Unless you’re messing with a guy’s career, which they are not, everyone plays to start a new season in the playoffs. Duh!

UncleRico

Reaction score
Nothing has backfired yet.
Standard football mentality says he plays no matter what if cleared to play.

Dak took a gamble, and I think got greedy, and now it has all backfired on him if you look at his situation now.
He is injured , has not played well at times, has not improved his status with dallas or other teams,
and now his contract is about up , no big payday and he will have to finish season injured.
His future is not looking all that great now.

And if the new HC assuming that happens does not want him , I dont think he will get more than
20-25 a year on another team.
I think he wants to play to prove they can go further, but that really isnt a smart move for him,
especially since he isnt 100 %.

Has absolutely improved his status. Dak is very well respected around the league and has played very well this year. Dak will get signed. He’s a top 10 QB with tremendous work ethic and leadership you want at that position. Will only get better.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Is it worth the risk?

Yes, they can win the division but their chance of success in the playoffs seems extremely low.

With Dak not 100% healthy, their chance of success in the playoffs seems to be near zero.

From Dak's report that he's had this injury many times before in college, it doesn't seem like there is a big risk of career threatening damage from playing on it.

If we beat Philly, he can rest next week.

We've got a quality roster. And besides Dak, we're very healthy .

Somehow our coaching staff beat a very good coaching staff last week, and beat them big.

If Garrett were thrown in a lake, I'd be hopeful for the playoffs.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Yep. JJ had it sewed back on. It’s now bionic..

Dak is the first cyborg QB...

kkmgUY5.png

I wonder if his arm is Goodell approved...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
What would be the point of playing at all if a single injury - that a guy has already played through, by the way - is enough to throw in the towel when the season is on the line?

If he can play, he should. How would any GM or HC even sell that?

Look, I know that there's 52 guys in the room who have worked hard day-in and day-out to get here, but Dak is slightly injured and we just can't risk multiple future seasons of 8-8 records on a game for this year's division title.

I agree that the team is unlikely to have playoff success, but given the circumstances this is just pathetic.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Is it worth the risk?

Yes, they can win the division but their chance of success in the playoffs seems extremely low.

With Dak not 100% healthy, their chance of success in the playoffs seems to be near zero.
Huh?

The goal IS to try to win a Super Bowl! Next year is not promised. If Dak is healthy enough (he and the team doctors say he is) to play, he should show up and play. This team goes as far as Dak is able to take them.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The Cowboys should definitely risk it. The better question would be “should Dak risk it”?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s speculation. They have been in negotiations since the offseason. So there is clearly a number his team wants and clearly a number the Cowboys want.
It’s not speculation. It’s what Prescott himself has stated