Should the Cowboys trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looking for a spark....we win the division...we get into the dance...anything can happen. With the bye coming up...it could be like a little mini camp...we reset...go on a run. Comments?

No.

That's a fantasy.

Put the season to good use. It's a time for testing. A time to make a point. Take the loafers off the field and play guys who want to play.

As I said in another post, I'd waiver goodbye to Jaylon. Don't know all the cap mechanization for waiting til the season ends or cutting him now, but get him off the facilities now. Avoid having his injury year guarantees kick in.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I doubt he would want to come here, or that miami would trade him.
the only players that want to come here are ones playing for the money.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Looking for a spark....we win the division...we get into the dance...anything can happen. With the bye coming up...it could be like a little mini camp...we reset...go on a run. Comments?
Why not throw Kellen Moore back in? He’s the best QBbin the nfl right?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
At this point were getting a higher pick, so best to just stay put. Ride the season on this horrible division.

ghst187

Reaction score
Fitz would be entertaining with this WR corps...would average five TDs and 3 INTs on this team I think

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

My head actually hurts from this comment.

If QB were the only issue, maybe you look for another veteran to help you out. But we are so far away from being competitive, this would make no sense whatsoever.

GenoT

Reaction score
Ryan Fitzpatrick is 37yo and has played with @1/4 of the teams in this league. He’s a JAG’s JAG; a piece of NFL driftwood. The Dolphins have now benched him and are gonna roll the dice with their injury-prone rookie, Tua Tagovailoa.

Unless some team is willing to crazy overpay, Miami isn’t gonna let Fitz go, since he’s useful to them as a veteran backup in case Tua falters or gets injured.

IrishAnto

Reaction score

You are confusing the "possible" with the "probable"!

Yes it it possible a miracle could happen if we get to the playoffs, however if you know the history of the last 25 years, the probability of winning three (at least) consecutive games in a row against quality opposition is about as close to nil as you can get.

Swagger

Reaction score
No point given the state of the o-line. Fitzy wouldn't do more than Dalton.

John813

Reaction score
His arm is no longer there. Had the Jets been a little competent, his ill thrown INTs could of caused an upset.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Who ya wanna trade. We are playing with backups now. I think Cooper Rush is sitting at home.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Uhh....has anyone actually watched him play this year? He would be a huge upgrade.

The issue with Dalton wasn't just that he looked bad, he looked terrible. He couldn't diagnose a blitz to save his life. He couldn't come off of his first read at all. He consistently had our players in bad positions to make plays. It seemed like he predetermined where he was going with the ball before the play even began, and he was going there no matter what.

I know it wasn't all his fault, but he looked like a rookie rather than a seasoned vet out there. And that is concerning.

I see no reason why you wouldn't put a call in to the Dolphins. Dalton is here on a one year deal. Fitzpatrick will come in on a one year deal.

At the end of the season, both are going to want to leave anyway. Dangle a fourth rounder out there to see what they say. His comments may make the Dolphins inclined to trade him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No kidding. They'd never advocate for building a roster without talent because "anything can happen".

It's not a plan, it's just an excuse for holding on to a belief for a little longer.

Its probably Jerry's sole reason every year for sticking with things too long.