Should Zeke be released in the offseason?

irishline

Reaction score
Plus explain to me why a RB who is paid top money at his position needs a top 5 line to be successful.

Same reason a top paid QB would?

This is coming from someone who doesn't necessarily disagree with the fact that he sucks.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes absolutely. They can't continue to feed him the amount of carries they do and expect different results. He has zero home run ability. It's getting ridiculous. And his contract doesn't bode well for a committee which is very much needed here. Unbelievable people still want this. It's not just the line. Him and his contract will continue to be a problem as long as he remains with the team. They need to switch to a multiple back setup asap. This bell cow situation has netted no results at all and is killing this offense. And people still think he's better than Henry???? lol Even with the team at full strength he can't break a run longer than 40 yards. Get him the hell out of here...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looks like the only possible out is a post 6/1 trade:
2021 Dead Cap: $4,100,000
2022 Dead Cap: $10,800,000
2021 Cap Savings: $9,600,000

The only other out could be a suspension which would nullify the guaranteed money (if it is in the contract and JJ would use it). A suspension is always a possibility with the way he has acted off the field in the past.

You can cut a player with a guaranteed contract. To get the guaranteed 2021, we have to guarantee 2022 first. Don't. Move on.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes absolutely. They can't continue to feed him the amount of carries they do and expect different results. He has zero home run ability. It's getting ridiculous. And his contract doesn't bode well for a committee which is very much needed here. Unbelievable people still want this. It's not just the line. Him and his contract will continue to be a problem as long as he remains with the team. They need to switch to a multiple back setup asap. This bell cow situation has netted no results at all and is killing this offense.

Fumbling, low ypc, low QB rating when thrown to, horrible EPA.

*Maybe* he turns it around next year. But what he delivers *now* isn't worth it for what it will cost for the next 2 years. They should move on.

They won't.

Cmac

Reaction score
I guess I'm a minority but Zeke decline has more to do MM and scheme than talent. His numbers don't surprise me at all.......if you look back at MM tenure with the Packers, it's not hard to see RBs are not heavily involved in his scheme. Hell, remember the first presser he only promised Zeke X number of TOUCHES, not carries. So yea, Zeke is way overvalued in this offense but I don't see any way he's NOT back 2021.
If you just look at KMoore taking over the offense......before MM.

Cmac

Reaction score

*Maybe* he turns it around next year. But what he delivers *now* isn't worth it for what it will cost for the next 2 years. They should move on.

They won't.
low QB rating?......Zeke taking the fall for our QBs now? Wow.

plasticman

Reaction score
Only one starting offensive linemen was an original starter. Only two other present starters were supposed to be the original backups.

How do you operate a successful running game with the chaos we have on this offensive line? Zeke is getting hit hard on almost every running play before he even gets to the line of scrimmage. He's beat up, frustrated and probably demoralized at this point. If Zeke had a stable line then he would have far over a thousand yards by now.

There's a lot going on this season that should probably be considered circumstantial when evaluating the players and coaches. I would like to see what he can do next season.

Big_D

Reaction score

They won't.

of course they won’t. Jerry’s in charge! Guys a football dunce which is the reason they’re in this position in the first place!

ghst187

Reaction score
This question was answered when Jerry idiotically gave him a giant long term contract thereby making unreleasable until 2023 or 2024. Considering the amount of dead money releasing him would net us, cheaper to actually keep him. He’s still production enough to play him vs releasing him but Jerry should’ve let him sit out for a year like Pitt did Bell.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If not for a 26 yard run yesterday, Zeke would have had 11 carries for 22 yards.

His decline is very concerning.

Should he be released in the offseason?
pollard didnt do much better, the problem is kellen and the blocking schemes , and play design, they are all awful.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Folks....

His 2021 salary was guaranteed when he was on the roster last March.

His 2022 salary becomes guaranteed when he is on the roster this coming March.

Put those together please.

This was the worst structured contact from the teams perspective I've ever seen.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
low QB rating?......Zeke taking the fall for our QBs now? Wow.

A way to judge a receiver is the productivity when thrown to. The QB rating, when constrained to the passes to one receiver, is also a receiver rating.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They had a shot with this guy....a window (albeit a short one because he got himself suspended)...but it's now closed and isnt going to reopen, although I'm positive Jerry thinks he can reopen those type of windows.

Just like he thinks he can do many other things no other pro sports franchise can do.