SI: Dak's training camp trials are paying off big-time

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/01/d...camp-trials-paying-off-big-time-nfl-tip-sheet

Dak Prescott’s Training Camp Trials Are Paying Off Big Time​

The lessons learned over the summer are helping the Cowboys’ QB turn in an MVP-caliber performance. Plus: More on Dorian Thompson-Robinson’s concussion protocol, Rashee Rice’s breakout, Mac Jones’s benching and Aaron Rodgers’s return.

• There was a point over the summer when Dak Prescott had thrown a bunch of training camp interceptions. My visit to Cowboys camp in Southern California was in the midst of that, and it gave me something to dive into with coach Mike McCarthy when he and I sat down for a couple of hours in his suite at the team’s hotel/makeshift facility.

As you’d expect, McCarthy defended Prescott by explaining there was a method to what was happening in late July and August

With McCarthy seizing more control over the offense, after the departure of Kellen Moore to the Chargers, the Cowboys wanted to get better off-schedule. McCarthy explained to me that they wanted to drill scramble situations, so Prescott, and everyone else, would perform better when things went away from what a play would tell them to do.

It’s working